Votes: 6 14.0%
  • GB

Votes: 37 86.0%

• Total voters

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
No, "91" for Marquise Hill. Pat's only wore the "21" the first week after Sean Taylor was murdered then they went back to honoring there own fallen teammate and friend.
Ahh, I didn't know that. Thank you.

As for my predication.
GB 35, NY 21 (No chance of an upset)
NE 24, SD 14 (Upset unlikely, but I won't be surprised if it happens)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Rumor is that Rivers has a partially torn ACL.

Since I lived a few years with a partially torn and then a few more years with a fully torn, I say go play hard and damned be the consequences. Plus, it'll tear eventually.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
The way SD and IND beat each other up, I'll be surprised if the Chargers come out of the locker room without the help of walkers w/ tennis balls on the feet.
I'd say the team as a whole was more beat up after the Ten game. While the game against Indy was close, it didn't strike me as a physically demanding sufferfest.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'd say the team as a whole was more beat up after the Ten game. While the game against Indy was close, it didn't strike me as a physically demanding sufferfest.
Agreed.

But for SD to win, they're going to have to sell-out 110% and blitz, blitz, blitz. Sure, they'll give up the scores, but they're going to anyway. They need to really hurt Brady within the confines of the rules. Otherwise, don't even show up.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Agreed.

But for SD to win, they're going to have to sell-out 110% and blitz, blitz, blitz. Sure, they'll give up the scores, but they're going to anyway. They need to really hurt Brady within the confines of the rules. Otherwise, don't even show up.
That sounds like .Pit's reasoning for why Ohio State was going to beat LSU, only you're not daft enough to actually think an injury to a key player is going to happen. He was predicting that LSU would be screwed after Dorsey broke his leg 6 min in. :disgust1:

Pats 37, Chargers 17

Pack 31, Giants 24

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Just to see what it feels like to be .Pit, in addition to my actual picks, which are posted above, I made pics with a dartboard. Here's how it worked: I took each team, and predicted how many touchdowns and field goals they would score by tossing a dart and seing where it hits. First dart is TDs, second is FGs. (I'm counting on no safetys and no missed PATs.) I took the largest number whatever I hit ios divisible by, from 1-6. So, for example, 14 would go to 2, 24 would be 6, etc. Here's what I ended up with:

TDs for SD: 18 --> 3 for 21 points
FGs for SD: 2 --> 2 for 6 points
Total for SD: 27 points

TDs for NE: 7 --> 1 for 7 points
FGs for NE: 20 --> 5 for 15 points
Total for NE: 22 points

Dartboard says: SD 27, NE 22

TDs for GB: 50 --> 5 for 35 points
FGs for GB: 16 --> 2 for 6 points
Total for GB: 41 points

TDs for NY: 9 --> 3 for 21 points
FGs for NY: 6 --> 6 for 18 points
Total for NY: 39 points

Dartboard says: GB 42, NY 39

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As much as I would like to see San Diego win, I would rather see the Pats finish the season all the way. If SD was 100%, I think they would have a shot, but as hurt as they are, I don't think they stand a chance.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Man, SD is still swinging. I figured it would be a blowout by the half. As banged up as the Chargers are, they are hanging in there.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Had SD been 100%, I think they could have done it based on that game. Oh well, NE rolls the rest of the way.

Good game, for sure.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
me too.

good game tho! Lots of hard hits.
Seriously, I can't imagine hitting that frozen turf with bare arms. I guess you wouldn't feel it until the next day, or at least not until you defrost anyway. I have always said the people who live in Green Bay are insane, let alone players.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
They have a lot of extra cameras getting cool shots for the championship games. I'm glad they do not do that for every game during the regular season. Who wants to see a super up close shot of the epic Suck that is the Dolphins.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Notice how Tynes paused a moment this time to let his holder set the ball?

And ya know Tiki is eating some crow :rofl: