Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Code:
OPENING LINES
NE -14
O/U 50

GB -7
O/U 42
If neither Rivers or LT can play, NE climbs to -20. Very interesting to hear that a SD trainer was reported during the game yesterday that LT was medically cleared to play, but CHOSE NOT TO play... wow! I also saw during the game that LT was yelling at Rivers on the sideline after Rivers returned from the lockerroom. It was the drive that Volek -- free agent next year -- took them to the winning score.

If you could only choose one to play in the AFC game, would you rather have LT -or- Rivers?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Holy Jeebus what a collapse by the Hawks...Pack is on a roll...Giants are gonna have a tough time.

Chargers and Colts beat the absolute snot out of each other. NE was licking their lips the entire game...fresh meat has a certain appeal...

I'd pick Rivers.

Dunno why LT would choose to sit out....that's kinda whack. Might be some lackey trainer wanting more press coverage...

Even though the Hawks totally crapped one out their mouths', I'm still psyched about the conf. champ games...this is a good playoff year.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I really don't see the Chargers beating the Pats, but then again I didn't think they would drop the Colts either. I'll go Pats -14 but I don't think they will cover 20.

I'm still not convinced that the Packers are for real, but I think they will beat the Giants by more than 7.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I think the Pats and the Packers will both win by at least 14.

I would rather see LT play; I don't like Rivers.

Go Pats and Go Favre! :weee:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Dunno why LT would choose to sit out....that's kinda whack.
Team discontent? They're still having issues. LT was rumored to say something about momentum and if they needed him, he'd play, but wanted to avoid more injury for the game against NE... odd thing was, they were losing at that point, so he must've had unusual confidence in his back-ups.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I say NE and GB in the finals with NE crushing in the end.

When I saw the Seattle was up 14 (the game was on at the chopper show) I thought they might pull it off. When I saw the highlights on SportsCenter, I was pissed.

I'm not a huge Seahawks fan, but they are considered our "local" team. It would have been nice to see them go all the way because I think they could beat the Giants only to be crushed by the Pats.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
The Packers are playing great football. The Packers are banged up in the secondary, but that's about the only weakness to be found on this team. The Giants are a beat up team. Taking into account how they have to travel up to GB and play in the snow, I just don't see it happening. If the Giants had a week off to recouperate they would stand a much better chance of beating the Packers.

In order for SD to win, they need a few things to happen. The first is to play a turnover-free game. This is unlikely at best, but they can't afford to give anything away. The second is for a healthy LdT, either through running or receiving, to exploit the age and lack of speed in the linebackers. As for SD's defense, they must pray.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I just called my Brother-in-law to see if he needed help on a construction project that he's working on.
He answered the phone by saying:"Dallas Cowboys suicide hotline, can I help you?"
I hate him, too. And I hope his new shop falls on him.

Potroast88

YouTube Boy
Jan 18, 2004
Bomb City
I wanted the cowboys to win that game.
I would rather have seen Farve beat them than Eli.
You know, I wouldn't have been as upset about them losing to the Packers. I would like to see Favre leave the game on top.
I can't stand to look at Eli Manning. He always has a stupid look on his face and I half expect to see drool coming from the corner of his mouth.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
I can't stand to look at Eli Manning. He always has a stupid look on his face and I half expect to see drool coming from the corner of his mouth.
Amen brother.

I can't stand the Mannings and their arrogant attitude. Archie to Eli, they're just booger pickin' goobers.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Would the Giants have won if Michael Strahan hadn't played well? He got the game ball yesterday and in the game against TB, he had eight tackles, a sack, a forced fumble and all sorts of pressure on TB.

Two dominating performances?

Where am I going with this? Should teams re-evaluate veterans in training camp and pre-season? If you'll remember, he sat out until game one.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought I was the only one who thought Eli looked like Payton's retarded brother. As if Payton didn't look retarded enough on his own.

Eli, the DUMBER Manning.

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
I'm going with the Pats and the Pack because I'm a Packers fan and a Patriots fan.

If they both win, the Super Bowl will be tough for me. I won't know who to root for, but then whoever wins, it will be my team.
:stupid:

I am a Pats fan, and a Favre fan... Super Bowl will be awesome this year! :weee:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I thought I was the only one who thought Eli looked like Payton's retarded brother. As if Payton didn't look retarded enough on his own.

Eli, the DUMBER Manning.
I hadn't thought of that before, but in the post game interview last weekend, Eli sounded dumber than a bucket of rocks.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Igor Olshansky said:
...I guarantee you that (Bill) Belichick and everybody else over there are scratching their heads saying, 'Man, we better get ready.' "

link
Igor Olshansky said:
"Who? New England?" Olshansky said. "Seriously, I mean, they're more worried than we are, I promise you. Believe me. They know what's up."
link
:rofl: