Saturday, Jan 5
 Favorite 	Today 	O/U 	Underdog
  Jacksonville 	2 	39 1/2 	at Pittsburgh
  at Seattle 	3 1/2 	40 	Washington
Sunday, Jan 6
 Favorite 	Today 	O/U 	Underdog
  at San Diego 	9 	40 1/2 	Tennessee
  at Tampa Bay 	3 	39 1/2 	NY Giants
When was the last time a home team was an underdog?

I'm picking: Jax, Wash, SD, and TB. EDIT: I'm picking SD to win, but will take TN+points

My dark horse for the SB is TB as they have the #2 defense and are building momentum with their run game. I'm sure it'll be something like NE vs Dallas.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Outright, I'm going with:
Jags. Steelers were overrated all year.
Skins. Team of destiny.
Chargers. Getting hot at the right time.
Bucs. Giants blew their wad in week 17.

Against the spread I'll take Jags, Skins, Titans, Bucs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've got to go with all the favorites except for Washington. Chargers will win but I don't think they will make the spread.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Jacksonville and San Diego to cover. It'll be tough for Tennessee to score enough points with a hurt Vince Young.

Washington and NYG to win outright. NYG play a lot better on the road (7-1).

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Which team has the best home field advantage this weekend?

I'd say SD and Seattle have the travel advantage. Both Wash and TN coming from the east coast.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I heard on the radio that the TB Bucs are only selling tix online to those with a billing address inside Florida!

GO BUCS!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Wash. is this year's Saints. Destined due to tradgedy and all that. I think they're playing with more heart than Seattle.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Kerry Collins, speaking on WFAN, said that the Titans kneeled down at the end of the Colts-Titans game because they knew the Colts wouldn't call a timeout.
Collins said that the Titans originally called a running play, but he was told over his headset that the Colts wouldn't call a timeout to potentially force Tennessee to punt with less than 20 seconds left. Pressed further, Collins said the Colts and Titans coaches had "a communication," which is sure to raise collusion questions. Clearly it would have been a long shot for the Colts to win, but Browns fans won't enjoy hearing this one.

link

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Kerry Collins, speaking on WFAN, said that the Titans kneeled down at the end of the Colts-Titans game because they knew the Colts wouldn't call a timeout.
Collins said that the Titans originally called a running play, but he was told over his headset that the Colts wouldn't call a timeout to potentially force Tennessee to punt with less than 20 seconds left. Pressed further, Collins said the Colts and Titans coaches had "a communication," which is sure to raise collusion questions. Clearly it would have been a long shot for the Colts to win, but Browns fans won't enjoy hearing this one.

link

Communigate
:shocked:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Seattle had such a soft schedule this year. They only played five teams that finished .500 or better and went 2-3 against them.
TB had only two wins against teams with winning records, a 13-10 win over TN, and a 19-13 win over WA. Not exactly a model for excellence. The Giants didn't fare much better against winning teams.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
TB had only two wins against teams with winning records, a 13-10 win over TN, and a 19-13 win over WA. Not exactly a model for excellence. The Giants didn't fare much better against winning teams.
I went with the Giants because of their road record and the fact that Tampa Bay has been stumbling as of late (1-3 in their last four, I believe).

I'd rather have Jeff Garcia than Eli Manning though.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I'd rather have Jeff Garcia than Eli Manning though.
This is the smartest thing I've read so far in this thread.

I'm currently awaiting word as to whether or not a friend has an extra ticket for the SD game this weekend. It's been a good 2 years since my last NFL game, and I'd love nothing more than to see TN at SD. It should be noted that while my home loyalty lies with SD, I'm a huge fan of Jeff Fisher.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Pick one of these teams that has the best chance of winning the SB.

I'm taking Tampa :)
SD, and to a lesser extent Jax, have the best chance of winning the SB of any team playing this weekend. TB will quickly fold under the pressure when playing a team with a legitimate offense and defense.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jacksonville although from Florida has the strenghts to win in crappy weather. I think the worst case scenario for the Pats will be Jacksonville in the snow. Home field could be their worst enemy.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
**** lordopie this is my job, anyways im taking. The Steelers, The Redskins, The Gaints (if they look anything like they looked like againsts the pats), Chargers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
**** lordopie this is my job, anyways im taking. The Steelers, The Redskins, The Gaints (if they look anything like they looked like againsts the pats), Chargers.
The steelers have way too many key injuries and are on an end of season losing spiral. One and done.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
There gonna get revenge from the last time. Even though we dont have at the time NFL leading rusher. But we still got a pro bowl qb.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Parker out
Troy P banged up
McFadden banged up
Townsend banged up
Down to their third string left tackle
Starting right tackle is out

Jacksonville is going to run the ball down their throats.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
There gonna get revenge from the last time. Even though we dont have at the time NFL leading rusher. But we still got a pro bowl qb.
I thought LdT was the NFL's leading rusher?

Your QB and RB (a decent backup) are also playing behind a spotty offensive line.

The loss of Aaron Smith is greater than you think. But at least you still have Joey Porter...

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Are third trackle has alot of game expeince and went up with Dwight Freeney in 05. He can do it, no there gonna commit to the run and force passes.

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
I thought LdT was the NFL's leading rusher?

Your QB and RB (a decent backup) are also playing behind a spotty offensive line.

The loss of Aaron Smith is greater than you think. But at least you still have Joey Porter...

Yeah lt is the leading rusher but not at the time Parker was.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You get to pick and choose the bad ref calls and edit the points accordingly?:rofl::rofl:

Pit.Steelers could pick the bogus hold call on the 2 point conversion and call it a tie.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
will the internet police come knocking at my door?

btw, you'll see that my stated record reflects yr reality. if you need to borrow my 2nd grader's flash cards he uses for math, let me know.