Quantcast

NFL Postseason

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Playoffs start today. What are your predictions, who do you want to win?

I see all the home teams winning today with the possibility of the Rams beating Seattle. The Colts will get killed in NE next week outside on the road on real grass. Steelers and NE fight it out for the AFC champs, winner takes all because the NFC sucks sucks sucks. That one will come down to a coaching match advantage NE, but with Pittsburghs momentum and home field it will be a dead heat.

In the NFC I see the Eagles imploding bigger and better than they ever have before. They lack the heart required to win when it counts. Greenbay advances to Atlanta the winner there will probably take the NFC.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My picks for this weekend:

Rams (my team!)
Packers
Chargers
Colts

I am not sold on Philly. Even with T.O., I was not sold. My pick in the NFC is Green Bay. For the AFC, I'm going with Pittsburgh. 15-1 in the regular season is damn impessive. Sure they have a rookie QB, but that whole team just dominates. Pittsburgh is my Super Bowl pick.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I predict GB beats Minny

Rams beat Seahawks

Chargers beat Jets

Colts OWN Denver

I predict then, that ATL beats GB and Philly LOSES to the Rams

Then between ATL and STL its a tossup IMO.

Pittsburg takes the AFC, i think, but I want the Chargers to go.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Westy said:
In the NFC I see the Eagles imploding bigger and better than they ever have before. They lack the heart required to win when it counts. Greenbay advances to Atlanta the winner there will probably take the NFC.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Eagles to the bowl...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BurlyShirley said:
I predict then, that ATL beats GB and Philly LOSES to the Rams

Then between ATL and STL its a tossup IMO.
Man, I've seen several people picking the Rams to go far. 'Sup with that? I hope you're right. :)

This weekend, I'll Go with the Colts, the Vikings, the Rams, and the Chargers

As far as the Superbowl goes, I see Pittsburgh taking it all this year. The Eagles are coming off 2 loses to loser teams tha I dont think that TO will have that big off effect. He'll reinjure his ankle and that'll be that.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Home town baby, PITTSBURGH all the way. If you :monkey:s could be in heinz feild on a cold ass pittsburgh day with that crowd you would understand, i dont understand how any team could play with the type of crowd we have, esp with the momentum this city has right now...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
rpk1988 said:
If the eagles get TO back, watch out for em....
They are the best in the NFC with T.O, however any NFC team this year will be weak against the AFC. The Pats have the advantage for returning since they have the most experience in critical games, thats where the Steelers will faultier and their season will end. My SB prediction.......Pats 38 Eagles 17

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
ARRRRGH the Hawks are SO frustrating to watch!!! :mumble:

If we had receivers that could actually do what they get PAID to do, we might have had a chance.

Par for course tho... :nuts:

mealsonwheels

Monkey
Jan 16, 2003
San Diego
It just kills me that the Chargers gave the game over to the Jets. The Chargers played horribly. Oh well, it was more exciting than the last 9 years.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
berkshire_rider said:
They have dug their own grave with repeated strikes / stoppages / lockouts. Most sports fans couldn't care less about the NHL. :blah:
True - but I'll take watching a hockey game over a football game any day of the week.

I wish cable stations would air more European soccer games - I like watching those as well.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
mealsonwheels said:
It just kills me that the Chargers gave the game over to the Jets. The Chargers played horribly. Oh well, it was more exciting than the last 9 years.
I knew the Chargers would be out the first round, they weren't as good as their reccord showed. Normally the AFC West is the toughest division in football, however not the case this year and SD took advantage of it. Truthfully SD should have been an 8-8 team at best.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
if i wasn't such a homer i'd be batting 1.000
the next two games are such locks....

The Rams then will face the Eagles then. That'll be awesome for Baboon, since the Rams will defeat them.

The Pack will fall to Michael Vick.

AFC is tough to call

looks as if the Colts will outgun the Patriots

And Pittsburgh after a close one with the Jets will then fall to the Colts

Colts blowout the Hawks in the superbowl.

So sez Skookadamus.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Ahhh!

I spent my Saturday sitting in section 149, Row OO, seat 22, watching the dagburn Seahawks give up big pass after big pass. It was still a pretty good game...

I see Patriots and Steelers in the AFC championship. Slight nod to the Pat's.
The NFC is wide open.
Somebody will have to play the NFC championship, so how about the Rams and Eagles even money.

FEARLESS SUPER BOWL PREDICTION!

The New England Patriots 21
The Champions of the NFC 28

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
The league should suspend that idiot for that... while that act alone isn't terrible, enough is enough already...

Funny looking at the predictions after the fact... having watched most of the games, next week should be fun.

The Packers just flat blew it... offense and defense...

The Jets won and after that 4th down hit, were lucky to do so...

The Colts should be fun to watch in NE next week.

What can you say about the Rams... they still have some of that magic left...

Being a Philadelphian, I want the Eagles to win, but I'm not holding my breath... with or with Owens... The NFC is totally up for grabs... any of the four mediocre teams could come away with the title. AFC - same thing for the opposite reasons. Four great teams. My pick is the Steelers, because they seem to have the most depth and balance.

mealsonwheels

Monkey
Jan 16, 2003
San Diego
Brian HCM#1 said:
I knew the Chargers would be out the first round, they weren't as good as their reccord showed. Normally the AFC West is the toughest division in football, however not the case this year and SD took advantage of it. Truthfully SD should have been an 8-8 team at best.
People always make exceptions for SD when we have a good year, as to how we just got lucky. What happened to the Raiders/Niners this year? Did you happen to check out the second Chargers/Colts game? Hardly the performance of an 8 and 8 team playing against one of the best teams in the league.

As one of the youngest teams around, the level of our aptitude should either be proven or disproven in the coming seasons.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
It's snowing in Foxboro. :dancing: Damn cold there, too. I stopped to get gas 2 exits up 495 from Gillete stadium this afternoon after riding, and it was pretty cold. Probably favor the Patriots. :evil: