Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The two videos included are totally worth a watch. :rofl:

I talked with Shapira about why he’d become such a public critic of the Web3 crowd, and especially of the venture-capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. He said that he sees the crypto world as emblematic of a fundamental problem in startups, where founders and venture capitalists become so enamored with a vague initial idea that they never stop to consider its utility. “They think they’re onto something visionary, but their product actually fails a basic logical test,”.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I talked with Shapira about why he’d become such a public critic of the Web3 crowd, and especially of the venture-capital firm Andreessen Horowitz. He said that he sees the crypto world as emblematic of a fundamental problem in startups, where founders and venture capitalists become so enamored with a vague initial idea that they never stop to consider its utility. “They think they’re onto something visionary, but their product actually fails a basic logical test,”.
It's amazing how some otherwise smart people irrationally fall in love with their own stinky farts. Upward and onward! :crazy:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's amazing how some otherwise smart people irrationally fall in love with their own stinky farts. Upward and onward! :crazy:
I recall the .com era where companies were burning through $100mm and never producing a product. I never thought you would see stupid money like that again, then Theranos happened. :rofl: