Quantcast

NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well, much like bikes, the bottom has dropped out of the used guitar market. I bought a Martin that seriously had been used for MAYBE ten minutes for over half off.
thats fantastic

good job

may you diddly diddly with all the malmsteen favorites

anyway, there was a time in the not too distant past when people paid a lot of money for digital sort of receipts for the idea of a jpeg. And this will entertain me to my death bed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
thats fantastic

good job

may you diddly diddly with all the malmsteen favorites

anyway, there was a time in the not too distant past when people paid a lot of money for digital sort of receipts for the idea of a jpeg. And this will entertain me to my death bed.

Someone paid $24,000,000 for this, the thing I just copied and pasted. The thing I could have drawn on a flip phone from 1999.

1688099897717.png

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is a shit-ton of money to loose on what is basically a glorified Ctl X and Ctl V

How did they actually think this was a thing? I get blockchain etc but that has potential in the real world for chain of custody of physical items if they can get the bugs fully worked out. But for a digital image, a simple hi res pic a couple of Ctl moves and a bit of framing and you're into it for about a buck-three-eighty.

That assumes your taste is so bad, that any of that shit is the least bit appealing.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
why is a jpg of a poorly drawn monkey still worth 50k?
Besides the obvious, someone explained in a video somewhere what these idiots actually paid for.

A lot of these NFT are just URLs to specific image paths. So whoever created the NFT can (and should) just change what the NFT links to, like a Nelson pointing and laughing meme. They'd still own the NFT and nothing would have changed.

But yeah...who knows