kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Were you an editor in a previous life? :thumb:
Not as a job title by any means but many of my roles have been ‘bridges’ of one sort or another. I have had my face repeatedly rubbed in this stuff and I guess it does actually stick after a while. I certainly have a lot of experience crafting particular messages for certain niche business audiences.
Also it’s just fun to fuck with @kidwoo

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Exactly. Tons of wealth is made following these catastrophic crashes.

Thre markets are a scam.

Perhaps I am paranoid but I wouldn't be shocked if there was a manufactured financial crisis to stop any of the current low end wage growth driven by the current labor shortage. You can't optimize profits if you don't have a desperate labor force.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
As far as I can work out, the idea is to take the principle of artificial scarcity to an absurdist extreme – to make you want things you absolutely don’t need. The problem is not that I think this won’t work. The problem is that I think it will. The current NFT gold rush proves that people will pay tens of thousands of dollars for links to jpegs of monkeys generated by a computer, and honestly it is eroding my faith in humanity. What gaping deficiency are we living with that makes us feel the need to spend serious money on tokens that prove ownership of a procedurally generated image, just to feel part of something?