Quantcast

NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's definitely funny at least.

for now........

I don't quite know how yet but this is probably going to be a contributing factor to some sort of financial catastrophe.

I just gotta figure out how I can help it along.

It could be bad. The likes of Justin Bieber and other shitty pop stars could lose millions of dollars and may feel the need to publish music for money.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I didn't mean people with fuck off money, the ones mostly driving this....

I meant some sort of trickle down poverty effect, just like everything else ends up doing.
The markets originally see it as a conduit for things such as or akin to serial numbers or activation codes but using the non centralized format either in crypto or blockchain delivery rather than the fiat USD

GameStop is currently developing it as monetized and downloadable game formats so they have trade in value and less piracy, the cell providers are developing them as prepay options for phone plans. It has a ways to go but it is currently turning into a bukake fest for the early adopters. The current trend is just selling the img with zero data or product behind it.

Consider the current trend like selling the CD case and album art but no actual CD.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It's almost like investment outfits controlling gobs of money are capable of having really stupid ideas and wasting peoples money on things they don't yet understand.
Not sure if you recall the "pay to surf" schemes that were hot for like 6 months in like '00? You installed a plugin or app on your computer and it paid you to surf the internet. The idea was you would see ads and those ads generate money that you then get a slice of. Turned out to be not as profitable as initially thought. Seems the "play to earn" is learning the same lesson.

hqdefault.jpg

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Again with the imaginary stuff that isn't yours.

Please note, all StockX NFT's are for a men's size 10 for some odd reason. :rofl:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator