Quantcast

NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens)

gonefirefightin

free wieners

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

gonefirefightin

free wieners
It was just a matter of time due to the concept being molested and contorted by the retail market. I would bet you will see some sort of licensing or vetting of the procedures so the industry can get back on track with the true purpose of the concept.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It was just a matter of time due to the concept being molested and contorted by the retail market. I would bet you will see some sort of licensing or vetting of the procedures so the industry can get back on track with the true purpose of the concept.
What I find odd about the Nike lawsuit is that StockX made an NFT of an actual Nike that they own. You bought the shoes, so you can't make an NFT of the shoes you bought?

Nike is just mad they got beat to the punch.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
what does back on track mean and whats the purpose exactly?

It seems to me its operating exactly as intended
The markets originally see it as a conduit for things such as or akin to serial numbers or activation codes with the data but using the non centralized format either in crypto or blockchain delivery rather than the fiat USD

GameStop is currently developing it as monetized and downloadable game formats so they have trade in value and less piracy, the cell providers are developing them as prepay options for phone plans. It has a ways to go but it is currently turning into a bukake fest for the early adopters. The current trend is just selling the img with zero data or product behind it.

Consider the current trend like selling the CD case and album art but no actual CD with intended data or product software. Its like buying the box or wrapper and not having an intended product inside it.

What I find odd about the Nike lawsuit is that StockX made an NFT of an actual Nike that they own. You bought the shoes, so you can't make an NFT of the shoes you bought?

Nike is just mad they got beat to the punch.
Nike is mad over the trademark and copyright issues in the digital domain and not having a piece of the monetization.

gonefirefightin

free wieners

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The markets originally see it as a conduit for things such as or akin to serial numbers or activation codes with the data but using the non centralized format either in crypto or blockchain delivery rather than the fiat USD
Exactly the BS pipedream I thought they were trying to sell people on....it was always a scam for rich people to funnel more wealth upwards.

It's doing exactly the predictable result

this decentralized blockchain fantasy is just a sales pitch

Last edited:

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Exactly the BS pipedream I thought they were trying to sell people on....it was always a scam for rich people to funnel more wealth upwards.

It doing exactly the predictable result
Its actually meant for the retail user like you and I to be able to buy and sell products in a decentralized format away from prying eyes like the IRS and such. The corporate world wants to adopt it so they can gain that crowd that is truly getting away from the fiat currency, little bit of tin foil hat and cloak and dagger mix for income and expenses

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Because the folks who do the work, KNOW it's a scam? Na. :rofl:

Notice how it's CEO's pushing NFT's and actual software devs EVERYWHERE want nothing to do with it. But @gonefirefightin knows we will all "get it" some day, because Blockchain.
Its just being so convoluted and misused right now it is a giant shit show for any developer because you are already behind the curve of acceptance. Kind of a bum deal that it has been manipulated and contorted to what it is today.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
More proof that Trump fans are the most easily duped form of multicellular life on this planet.

Its one of thousands of shit coins started by users in their parent basements. I feel sorry for those whom are diving into crypto and yolo on something like this but then again, its like self regulation.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Its one of thousands of shit coins started by users in their parent basements. I feel sorry for those whom are diving into crypto and yolo on something like this but then again, its like self regulation.
Eh..... I dunno. If the last 5 years have shown us anything, its that a MAGA and his money are soon parted. Build the Wall, Stop the Steal, tv network, social platform, Trump university…

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yet another prime example of basement dwellers. It’s all the rage with kids these days.
pulling massive computer power with the processors on gucci graphics cards has been going on for a decade, promoted initially by blockchain currency's earliest proponents.

I know because I can tell you the specific time in history that graphics cards disappeared. Not basement dwellers and not a new phenomenon.

It's wasteful fuckery, and dismissing it as kids or johnny come latelys doesn't face the problem.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
pulling massive computer power with the processors on gucci graphics cards has been going on for a decade, promoted initially by blockchain currency's earliest proponents.

I know because I can tell you the specific time in history that graphics cards disappeared. Not basement dwellers and not a new phenomenon.

It's wasteful fuckery, and dismissing it as kids or johnny come latelys doesn't face the problem.
75% of the effective mining in the country is done in suburban settings with 6-12 stand alone "budget" miners working on a residential internet connections. Farms/commercial mining operations only account for 25%, Those numbers were reversed about 5 years ago. That was my basement reference.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The last sentence of that tweet reinforces that mankind is too stupid to survive long term.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
LOL it's nothing but one long continuous printout

Doesn't even have coupons at the bottom of it either
That's why it's funny to see crypto bros buying each other's crap, or even buying their own. "But look at what somebody totally not me paid for it "

gonefirefightin

free wieners
But wait, there's more! No, there isn't, actually.

It's kinda like meth. Home cooks are just hobbyists now as the large commercial operations have taken major market share.

Now if you have some flare gas and a container full of mining rigs, you might be alright.
Actually it the small timers that have the majority in the segment and peeps got smart to those high priced miners with over priced components.

An average miner these days runs 300-500 bucks each and most run 12-24 of them in their garage producing about 600-1100 a month.