jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California

He sees a billion people spending hundreds of real dollars on virtual shit. He obviously doesn't know me very well. :rofl:
I'm still trying to explain to my kids why spending real money on fake shit within the games they play on their tablets is foolish. I imagine many (most?) parents don't give a shit about this kind of behavior, so he may be on to something. Fuck him.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'm still trying to explain to my kids why spending real money on fake shit within the games they play on their tablets is foolish. I imagine many (most?) parents don't give a shit about this kind of behavior, so he may be on to something. Fuck him.
I worked for a mobile monetization firm (until donglegate at least) and showed my daughter how free to play works and how to exploit it when possible.

Our big "success story" was extreme road trip 2. Version 1 was $.99 and sold 200k in 6 months. The developer thought $200k for 6 months of work was a pretty good return.

Version 2 was free to play. It made over $10mm a month every month for the first 6 months after release. He hired a money manager. :rofl: