Quantcast

NH/Maine Riding

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
(Note: This is an X-post from the Northeast Forum but I thought the Lounge would get more traffic).

So, I am heading up to the Kennebunk/Saco, Maine area this weekend for a wedding and would like to bring along the XC bike and get some riding in. Anyone recommend any trails along the way? I am looking to ride on Friday and Sunday. Thanks!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the only place i've ridden in southern maine is mt agamenticus, which is in york. good stuff, but it's big and can get confusing for a 1st timer. fort rock in exeter NH has really good stuff too. try posting in the bustedspoke forum, you might get some responses there. or the nemba.org board as well.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
narlus said:
the only place i've ridden in southern maine is mt agamenticus, which is in york. good stuff, but it's big and can get confusing for a 1st timer. fort rock in exeter NH has really good stuff too. try posting in the bustedspoke forum, you might get some responses there. or the nemba.org board as well.
Sweet! Thanks! :thumb:

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I can give you (2) good choices. Clifford park is intown Biddeford. It's a fun little roller-coaster of a ride. Not much climbing. Lots of rocks (I think it used to be a quarry).
The other choice is Mt Agamenticus, doh! he beat me to it. Info here

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
ROCKLAND said:
I can give you (2) good choices. Clifford park is intown Biddeford. It's a fun little roller-coaster of a ride. Not much climbing. Lots of rocks (I think it used to be a quarry).
The other choice is Mt Agamenticus, doh! he beat me to it. Info here
Both places sound good....Biddeford is actually REALLY close to where we will be (especially because I think we're staying at the Comfort Suites in Biddeford). Is there a LBS that we can hit up with some business or purchase a trail pass from? Also, are the trails mapped and/or marked well?

Thanks for the info.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
TreeSaw said:
Both places sound good....Biddeford is actually REALLY close to where we will be (especially because I think we're staying at the Comfort Suites in Biddeford). Is there a LBS that we can hit up with some business or purchase a trail pass from? Also, are the trails mapped and/or marked well?

Thanks for the info.
No trail pass needed. It's public & free. I'll pm you some directions.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
ROCKLAND said:
No trail pass needed. It's public & free. I'll pm you some directions.
Sweet :thumb: Thank you! We'd love to have a guide if you're up for a ride or 2 while we're in town. We'll be arriving on Friday and leaving on Sunday. The wedding is Saturday afternoon. Let me know what you think!