Quantcast

NH shi areas

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
NH Ski areas?

anygood places to go in Southern NH.........the place also needs some easier runs being I'm going with someone that doesnt hit the diamonds

thanks

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
Loon Mtn. is not bad either. For the most park it is an intermediate mountain. There are a couple os steep trails. It's in Lincoln, NH just off of 93.

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
if you don't want to drive to far go to waterville. they're big enough that you can have a good time, but not to far away. okemo is good, but crowded on weekends, and it is in vermont. loon is okay.

shawnee peak is by far my favorite, it's not crowded at all, there's seldom a lift line, and it's fairly big. the condtitons are always good, but it's like a half hour from north conway, which is a good 3 hours away. they have a bike race in the snow feb. 5 biker cross style

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Geoff G. said:
shawnee peak is by far my favorite, it's not crowded at all, there's seldom a lift line, and it's fairly big. the condtitons are always good, but it's like a half hour from north conway, which is a good 3 hours away. they have a bike race in the snow feb. 5 biker cross style
Shawnee Peak has night skiing too. Or at least they used to...

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
splat said:
Sunapee , Gunststock, Ragged , Pats Peak

were are you going to Be Doug ?
IMO Gunstock is the suck. I used to ski there about 10 years ago and I thought the hill was extra boring and the lifts were slow as hell. It may have improved, but from my experience there, I wont go back. There are other hills around that are better.

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
yeah shawnee still has night skiing, top to bottom on half of the mountain, and it's included in the price of an all day ticket which is a pretty good deal, they also have specials on their website, like carloads days. all the people in the car ski for $50 all day.

www.shawneepeak.com

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Gunstock blows, Darmouth ski way is the cheapest, Okemo if ur wealthy, Sunappe if ur mediatly wealthy.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Geoff G. said:
i want to go to jay peak so bad. "if you can see it you can ski it"

they get pow every day
I was wondering how long it'd take for someone to mention my favorite area out here. By far the best snow I've found. I done day trips from Boston and it's not too bad if you don't get lost once you get off the highway.

Oh, if anyone's interested in the conditions in NM/southern CO, check Toshi's thread in NE. I've been waxing snowy there.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
I'm thinking the 12/24 hours of pats peak needs its own thread

The endurance race appeals to me much more so than the short 45-60 minute race. I can not commit to anything besides Dalton right now, but this Pats Peak race looks like just the thing I want to try.