Quantcast

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Has Don Cherry said anything about the Team Canada choke yet???

I keep forgetting that I have to turn on the games at 5pm here. Bruins/Canadiens on HNIC!!!!

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Has Don Cherry said anything about the Team Canada choke yet???

I keep forgetting that I have to turn on the games at 5pm here. Bruins/Canadiens on HNIC!!!!
He said the same thing as last year when the US beat them. He goes through a list of NHLer's that could still play juniors. Hall, Seguin, Duchene blah, blah, blah. I'm sorry Don if you are the greatest hockey nation in the world like you say you are shouldn't you still win.

Don also said about how the Canadian's win with class unlike the Russians. Just like in 2009 when you guys were skating right past the US bench.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
You have to admit though that getting kicked off of a bus and then the plane because you are belligerently drunk and disorderly is a bit un-classy.

These young kids have much to learn in mother Russia about drinking.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Stupid, selfish immature penalty by Gomez led to the winner for Buffalo. I be he gets roasted by the Montreal press for that one. Way to go, jackass...

Am I the only one who thinks the All Star game format will be cool?

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Stupid, selfish immature penalty by Gomez led to the winner for Buffalo. I be he gets roasted by the Montreal press for that one. Way to go, jackass...

That really was a stupid penalty.

As for the All Star game, it could be interesting.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

Dumbass move by Gomez..

The Habs lost Cammaleri and I think Pachioretty too within 5 minutes of each other. That's gonna hurt - especially Cammaleri's separated shoulder.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
flyers have ottawa/jersey/chicago/habs....i'd be happy with them going 2-2.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
flyers have ottawa/jersey/chicago/habs....i'd be happy with them going 2-2.
They are unstopable. Presidents Trophy winner right there.

I stopped caring about the All-star game about 10 years ago. With this new format it is a nice change.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

Gomez is shorthand for "Worst Contract in the League"

If you ever get a chance to see a game in Montreal, it's a must do. What an amazing spot to see a game. Incredible.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
the penguins aren't doing that bad without crosby/malkin....
Damn. I never thought about this but if Asham would grow a mustache he would look just like Carcillo.

Heck if the Pens keep winning games let them sit and get healthy. They just need to stay close to the top. Anymore you just need to make the playoffs and anything can happen from there.

In other news Wayne Gretzky is 50 today. It's all over TSN and what not.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
All Star teams are drafted...Sedins have been split up, Staal picked Staal...game should be a hootanahalf! But I still think they should have put all the sticks in the center ice circle, and had some blindfolded puck bunny throw them left and right...

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
greg looseanus would be proud of the dive prust took.

i watched the penguins game up until the shootout....good game.
I think that is the only reason that he got the 5. The ref probably looked over and Prust laying on the ground and thought. Huh that never happens. Must have been dirty.

I am really happy that they got two points for being down two goals in the first and losing a two more to injury. It also didn't help that Staal got the gate. Shootout went 7 rounds with Fleury stopping all 7.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Is it me or last night I was watching my Habs against Washington and it seems like Ovechkin is not playing as he used to... Seems angry, tries to deek everybody, poor shot selection, no power play goal in last 136 power plays...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Oh man would you be proud of tonights game. Ricky D trying to pull some stuff at the of a 3-0 game.

Boom! One punched.
the game was on at the bbq place i was at......pittsburgh fans there...i saw the rupp fight....

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
"...I told him his wife is a dyke!"
"You nailed him, right in his mind!"

I think if you look at the close up of the goalie fight... DiPietro was grinning, and Johnson was pissed he took a shot at Cookie, if you get the one angle I think Johnson said something like "you think this is funny?" then BLAMMMO!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Is it me or last night I was watching my Habs against Washington and it seems like Ovechkin is not playing as he used to... Seems angry, tries to deek everybody, poor shot selection, no power play goal in last 136 power plays...
yes. As a Caps fan who watches them all the time, yes. Not sure what's up with him and the rest of the team, I personally think Boudreau's lost control of the team

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
my fondest ron hextall memory

Hextall is so classic. He was just crazy.
Ray Emery was pretty crazy too. Emery fights Biron and then Peters.

yes. As a Caps fan who watches them all the time, yes. Not sure what's up with him and the rest of the team, I personally think Boudreau's lost control of the team
I don't think that he has lost control of the team. The division they play in is a lot better this year. Where as they just killed everybody and cruised to a divisional win last year. I also think teams are figuring out Ovi now... cut to the middle, shot the puck, never pass it. On the powerplay he is always standing in the same area waiting for a backdoor pass. I still think they will win the division.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
flyers pursuing emery....i guess technically 3 isn't enough?