Quantcast

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Here we go boys...Hawks looked good tonight, but lost in OT to the Avs. Carcillo still has a job, so does Adam Burish. I need to get back on the ice, if those 2 idiots can get contracts, so can I.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Eberle's goal was so nice.

Lemieux can do what ever he wants to just like Gretzky and the Flyers can suck it.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Habs were so so. Price, as usual, gave up the 1st goal... I don't know about him. Halak gave us such a good year last year. Komisarek looked out of place yesterday for the Leafs, he's paid way too much for what he is worth now

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
yeah....sorry about that short handed goal the penguins gave up.....it was kind of pretty though.
That was a backbreaker. I thought Letang was the reincarnation of Sergi Gonchar for a moment. It was a heck of a move with a defender right on him.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
That Eberle goal was incredible.

Sweet goal by Seguin as well. Wasnt too impressed with the B's showing on sat, but they look much improved sun.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Seguin goal was nice.

Tim Thomas with the new mask and old school Don Beaupre cage thing going on with it. Gotta give it to Thomas - he's always doing something offbeat/different with his gear. He looked pretty sharp in net yesterday as well. Bruins look pretty solid.

Weird to see Thornton wearing #11 though.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Anyone have an update on Pavelec? His collapse the other night was scary stuff.

Just saw the update - concussion. Did he take one to the noggin earlier in that game? There were only a few minutes gone when he collapsed weren't there?

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Anyone have an update on Pavelec? His collapse the other night was scary stuff.

Just saw the update - concussion. Did he take one to the noggin earlier in that game? There were only a few minutes gone when he collapsed weren't there?
2:25 in. Replays showed everyone skating away from him, no sign the puck, a stick, a skate or anything had touched him. Was listening to it on radio, was scary few moments.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
fvcking flyers.

it was nice to see the avalanche goalie get called for taking a dive.

UNHrider

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Epping, NH
Now I know why I think Boston looks better - they got rid of Wideman!!!

Boy does he stink!
the 09-10 Wideman was hit or miss but he was near the top in points for the B's during the playoffs. Hes a hell of a player when hes on, but man can he be a liability, and in the end id rather have horton and campbell than wideman & the 15th overall.

who do you follow MMcG?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

who do you follow MMcG?
Long story involving Canadian Tire and them being sold out of Leaf's jerseys when I was a kid traveling to Hamilton, Ont for one of my brother's games - led me to become a Montreal Canadiens follower.

the Canadian Tire was sold out of Leafs jerseys in my size, but they had plenty of Habs jerseys on the rack so my parents bought me a red Habs jersey and I started following them from that point on.

But I'm not a die-hard or anything. I love the sport and enjoy watching good hockey bottom line. And being in CT - I get to watch my fair share of Bruins games so I keep tabs on them to a certain extent.

I probably follow Division I and D III (played 4 years of DIII myself) college hockey closer than the NHL. :thumb:

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Did you go to the Whalers convention a couple of months ago?

Long story involving Canadian Tire and them being sold out of Leaf's jerseys when I was a kid traveling to Hamilton, Ont for one of my brother's games - led me to become a Montreal Canadiens follower.

the Canadian Tire was sold out of Leafs jerseys in my size, but they had plenty of Habs jerseys on the rack so my parents bought me a red Habs jersey and I started following them from that point on.

But I'm not a die-hard or anything. I love the sport and enjoy watching good hockey bottom line. And being in CT - I get to watch my fair share of Bruins games so I keep tabs on them to a certain extent.

I probably follow Division I and D III (played 4 years of DIII myself) college hockey closer than the NHL. :thumb:

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
Dropped Jeff Finger I see...
Yeah placed on waivers...not worth the $3mil/yr or whatever he's being paid.

Im waitin for Cody Hodgson to play permanently with Vancouver...he's family now! (bro married cody's cousin). Though it's unfortunate he just got moved down to the Moose after being medically cleared.
Nice to see Manny Malhotra (a mississauga boy) cleaning up on face-offs.

Latest on Hodgson:
http://www.moosehockey.com/moosenews/407/1921

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Kessel is good for a few, til Burke rips him in the press for something and his head and attitude goes south...

Malhotrahas been an underrated presence for awhile now. Solid 3d line center.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
Here is the fight from last night. Deryk Engelland your new heavyweight champion.

Last edited:

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Gotta love all the injuries already. My fantasy NHL Team is going down hill. Johan Franzen is day to day with a concussion and Brian Rafalski is out for 4 weeks with a bum knee.

The hit didnt even look that bad!

Being a Pens fan I cant believe I actually care about players from Detroit. Dang fantasy leagues...

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
The speed of the game seems to be getting faster and faster by the year as the grey beards of yesteryear are all moving onto retirement. It's great to watch regular season games being played at such a pace, but I really do hope they remove the instigator rule. Seems like so many players are sustaining injury now from the reckless abandonment and speed these guys play with now.