Quantcast

NHL playoffs...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I think Making a Rule for that is weak. what ever happened to the defenense men clear men out from in front of the crease. if the defense was doing its job they wouldn't have to worry about a fool like avery doing some that childish.
He was doing that on a 5 on 3 Powerplay splat. When you are shorthanded two guys you can't have one of the three get tied up with a guy in front. You have to play a rotating triangle to try and defend.

splat

Nam I am
He was doing that on a 5 on 3 Powerplay splat. When you are shorthanded two guys you can't have one of the three get tied up with a guy in front. You have to play a rotating triangle to try and defend.
Doesn't matter , even if he was facing the play , you can't have an Offesive guy sitting in front of the crease like that that. your defense has to make a run at him .

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
I think Making a Rule for that is weak. what ever happened to the defenense men clear men out from in front of the crease. if the defense was doing its job they wouldn't have to worry about a fool like avery doing some that childish.
What's the call on that infraction? Is it unsportsmanlike conduct?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Habs made a statement...Koivu is back, the Kostitsin (sp?) bros are a force, and Price is for real.
Two game 7s tommorow...go Flames! Flyers and Caps is a push for me. Ovechkin is on now, if he stays the course I take the Caps...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Montreal just plain spanked the Bruins last night. The Bruins managed, what, 22 shots on goal? Not many of those were quality scoring chances. I was hoping to see a more competitive game, but the Habs dominated from the opening face off.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Apparently the habs were riot-worthy

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news/story.html?id=5435411a-ac72-458e-ab71-4e2b790a755a&k=25550
Rioters run amok in Montreal after playoff victory
16 arrested after post-game melee
Bradley Bouzane, Canwest News Service
Published: 6 minutes ago

The Montreal Canadiens are still 12 wins away from the Stanley Cup, but many fans lashed out in a big way Monday night.

Hoards of rioting fans set fire to police cars, smashed store windows and looted local businesses following the Canadiens' Game 7 playoff win over the Boston Bruins.

Police arrested 16 people, who face a number of charges - including breaking and entering a business, armed assault on a police officer, mischief on a police vehicle, assault and various bylaw infractions.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Yep.....one of the radio morning shows here had a bet going with one of the Boston radio shows about the series. The Boston guy summed it up pretty well. "Jeez. Act like you've been there before!"

Pretty sad display.....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Montreal just plain spanked the Bruins last night. The Bruins managed, what, 22 shots on goal? Not many of those were quality scoring chances. I was hoping to see a more competitive game, but the Habs dominated from the opening face off.
Price was stellar in the first period. I actually thought Boston carried most of the play in period one, but then the wheels fell off.

Koivu is such a difference maker. I really admire the way he plays the game.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Maybe 'cuz Chara was a Senator in the past? Other than that, I dont know.

Imagine what will happen if the Habs actually win the Cup. Reminds you of the Richard riots. Classless, I am disapointed in Montreal fans.
Hockey News mentioned that Montreal has had problems with anarchist riots, so I am guessing that some of the rioters had ulterior motives.

Flyers/Caps tonight and Sharks /Flames = my butt glued to couch for 5 hours minimum...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
yeah I too do not know the whole deal with the Habs fans hating on Chara like that. Maybe he did some damage to a player that I can't remember??? :think:

Go Caps! I called them my sleepers in the east - so they can't let me down. Besides, I think they'd be more fun to watch going forward than the Flyers.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
:popcorn:

LETS GO PENS!

just sayin.... waitin to find out who the Pens will play SUX!!!:biggrin:

Nice series by Boston for sure!
Nice comeback by the Caps as well!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Knew it the WHOLE time! :thumb:

Actually, they played HORRIBLY! You can't expect to get ALL of your goals on a power play...The Caps out shot the Flyers, outplayed them in the last two games.

If they thought the Caps were tough, holy crap, the Canadians are gonna be BRUTAL.

But....Yeah!!!!!!!!!!.............nonetheless.....

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
You Sir, are the new Nostradamus!
Looking forward to seeing Rangers/Pens...

Flames better pick it a few notches...best second period of the playoffs for the Sharks. JR is not so old after all!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I found it incredible there was not one penalty called that I could tell in the third period of the caps/flyers game.