Quantcast

NHL Playoffs . . .

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Did anyone see what the Flyers did today. I think it is some kinda joke they signed Ray Emery to a one year deal. I can't wait to see them and Emery self implode next year.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=281380

Melrose picked the Wings for Friday night. Thank you Barry thank you.
Philly is up against the salary cap and really won't be able to afford Biron at his current salary - nor do I think they should (He hasn't been the answer).

Needless to say I don't think Emery is the long or short term answer in Philly either.

I heard Melrose's prediction again this morning on Mike and Mike in the Morning on the drive in. His prediction for the Wings on Home ice is a little stronger than picking the Wings in Pittsburgh for game six however.

It should be a fun Friday night watching a Game 7 between these two clubs! I hope NBC gives good time for the post game celebration and interviews and doesn't just cut away from the game real fast like. Stay with the celebration and the skating of the cup around the ice regardless of who wins - please NBC please.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
As much as I want the Wings to win, I won't be totally disappointed to see Pittsburgh win the Cup, after all the turmoil that franchise has been through in recent years. The Wings winning four Cups in recent years would make the loss a little less painful.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Philly is up against the salary cap and really won't be able to afford Biron at his current salary - nor do I think they should (He hasn't been the answer).

Needless to say I don't think Emery is the long or short term answer in Philly either.

I heard Melrose's prediction again this morning on Mike and Mike in the Morning on the drive in. His prediction for the Wings on Home ice is a little stronger than picking the Wings in Pittsburgh for game six however.

It should be a fun Friday night watching a Game 7 between these two clubs! I hope NBC gives good time for the post game celebration and interviews and doesn't just cut away from the game real fast like. Stay with the celebration and the skating of the cup around the ice regardless of who wins - please NBC please.
Can you not get CBC in Conn.? I can't remember how far it reaches. If so then I highly suggest watching it on CBC. They will stay on post game until the last person leaves the rink and you don't have to listen to the pre pubescent voice of Darren Pang.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
As much as I want the Wings to win, I won't be totally disappointed to see Pittsburgh win the Cup, after all the turmoil that franchise has been through in recent years. The Wings winning four Cups in recent years would make the loss a little less painful.
You live in MA correct? And you wouldn't mind seeing Hal Gill win the cup?:bonk:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Can you not get CBC in Conn.? I can't remember how far it reaches. If so then I highly suggest watching it on CBC. They will stay on post game until the last person leaves the rink and you don't have to listen to the pre pubescent voice of Darren Pang.

We have Comcast basic cable - so no extras like that. So NBC it will have to be.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I am going to fvcking kill someone at my local NBC station. We don't have cable or satellite, just a big antenna in the attic. All the broadcast analog had to go off air today, but the fvcking morons at our local NBC affiliate are too fvcking incompetent to get their digital broadcast online until SUNDAY. So I can't watch the game at home. You'd think that, seeing as they knew this was coming for a fvcking year, they'd have planned ahead just a little and made sure their digital broadcast would work by today. But no. So thanks to those fvckups, I'm SOL.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I am going to fvcking kill someone at my local NBC station. We don't have cable or satellite, just a big antenna in the attic. All the broadcast analog had to go off air today, but the fvcking morons at our local NBC affiliate are too fvcking incompetent to get their digital broadcast online until SUNDAY. So I can't watch the game at home. You'd think that, seeing as they knew this was coming for a fvcking year, they'd have planned ahead just a little and made sure their digital broadcast would work by today. But no. So thanks to those fvckups, I'm SOL.
That's hawt.
:banana:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Ok, it's all better. Enough people bitched to them that they agreed to turn the analog back on for the game. Good.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Zetterberg shuts down Crosby, but Malkin and Staal and someone like Talbot or Kennedy or Cooke score for Pittsburgh.

Fleury solves his issues with the Joe and Pittsburgh wins 3-2.

How's that for a scenario?
Plausible. I'm pulling for the Pens, but it's going to be an interesting game.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Great game...Fleury came up HUGE at the end. Was a little worried as the Wings fns were booing Bettman (But it is Buttman...) but they were classy and cheered the whole thing...

Now I can go back to being a Hawks fan! Wait til next year!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Great game - great finish!!

I sorta semi-called it with Talbot getting both goals and Malkin taking home MVP honors.

And NBC stuck with the cup ceremony!! That was a great finals. Super exciting finish to game 7!

Congrats to the Penguins.

jsg04

Monkey
Aug 29, 2006
HELL YEAH! Last night was a hell of game right down to the last second. We had a huge party with homemade Stanley Cup and all.

It almost brought me to tears to see Sid raise the cup. I was 4 years old when they last won it and my Dad got me out of bed and we watched the end of the game. My mom yelled at him and he said they I may never see this again

Max is going to be a freaking legend in this city. MMcG you are a genius.

Hossa sucks

Last edited:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I forgot to congratulate you on calling Talbot...now, what do you think about the Powerball next month?
Well he surprised me even by netting two - Osgood was way off his angle on that second goal (whoops!).

Damn I'm sad it is over now. The NHL playoffs blow away any other sports' playoff action. No doubt about it.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
barry melrose needs to be dressed by a professional before he is allowed in front of a camera.

congrats penguin fans....now shut up.