Quantcast

NHL - what a finish in the Atlantic

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
In mid-January, the Devils were 19 points behind the dominant Rangers and Flyers in the Atlantic - yesterday, on the final day of the season, the Devils won the Atlantic by 1 point over the Flyers. The Rangers finished 3rd in the division and have the 6 spot in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

I think any one of the top 6 teams in the east have a chance of going to the finals. It's goign to be an exciting run. GOOOOO DEVILS!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I made a bet with my friend to grow playoff beards at the start of the season for our teams. I had the devils, he likes the bruins....man its gonna suck for me. I guess he will have to pick a new team lol.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Nice - playoff beards rock! I used to do it in college, but haven't since I got a "real" job. I may have to this year just because of the run that the Devils are on.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
MMcG said:
but I wouldn't mind seeing the Buffalo Sabres go all the way this year.
Don't worry, the Flyers won't spoil your dreams.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I Are Baboon said:
In the meantime, the Red Wings kicked the hell out of the Western conference. :evil:
Only because they played 3 of the worst teams in the league a total of 24 times.

A Ridemonkey pickup team could have come second in that division this year...

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
the Red Wings are too old. ;)
Silver said:
Only because they played 3 of the worst teams in the league a total of 24 times.

Yeah yeah yeah yeah.....and before this season, they were only good because they spent more money than everyone else. Well now there's a salary cap and they are still beating the snot out of everyone. :p

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Silver said:

What? Nashville kicks ass!

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
jacksonpt said:
Nice - playoff beards rock! I used to do it in college, but haven't since I got a "real" job. I may have to this year just because of the run that the Devils are on.
Yeah the problem is that I can't really grow a proper beard. So its just going to be a scraggly mess...I can't wait.