Quantcast

gfisher270

Monkey
Aug 23, 2008
NNJ
It's my first day staying in LA and I have see some awesome cars. I will make a list with the best ones first.

Ferrari 458 Italia
Brabus Bullit
Aston Martin V12 Vantage
Ferrari F430 Scuderia
Rolls Royce Drop Head Coupe
Rolls Royce Phantom
Lamborghini Gallardo
Bentley Continental GT
Bentley Continental Flying Spur

These are just some of the awesome car I've seen. I was walking on Hollywood Boulevard before and some guy had a Specialized Demo 9 and a Rocky Mountain RMX, then I saw a Yeti 575. So far LA is sweet and it's just getting better.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
You think LA is good? HAHAHAHAHA, try Santa Barbara where I live....specifically drive to Montecito on the weekend...or through Hope Ranch. Montecito (with it's residents wealth combined) holds 1/8th of the world's wealth.

On the average weekend if I go out riding and shuttle the trails that end in cieto I typically see a few million dollars in supercars...and I mean legit supercars. Here's a good list of cars I've seen so far this year out there.

Ford GT500
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari California
Ferrari F430
Lamborghini Gallardo
BMW HPF M3
Koenisegg CCX
Mclaren F1
Porsche 550a Spyder
Aston Martin V12 Vanquish

And the list goes on.....

But ya, CA is pretty sweet...now if only they could share the wealth :P

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
LA is okay to me, SD is more better. But personally, I am ready to leave Cali...head north or back east. If I cant live on the beach, why bother?

ObeyMyFast!

Chimp
Jul 20, 2010
San Diego
You think where you live is good? AHAHHA try Hawaii. Way betta.

I have seen an R8 in Monterey. Bye.
Wat?

And SD is amazing, way better than LA, but I still need to get out of town for college... And I dont think I would mind LA (lots of opportunities)

I go to school next to a Veyron dealership :weee:

ObeyMyFast!

Chimp
Jul 20, 2010
San Diego
You think LA is good? HAHAHAHAHA, try Santa Barbara where I live....specifically drive to Montecito on the weekend...or through Hope Ranch. Montecito (with it's residents wealth combined) holds 1/8th of the world's wealth.
:P
Uhhhhh.... no :rolleyes:

and you can get a new GT500 for like 46k w/o options

Last edited:

alexrex20

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Spring TX

On the average weekend if I go out riding and shuttle the trails that end in cieto I typically see a few million dollars in supercars...and I mean legit supercars. Here's a good list of cars I've seen so far this year out there.

Ford GT500
Ferrari Enzo
Ferrari California
Ferrari F430
Lamborghini Gallardo
BMW HPF M3
Koenisegg CCX
Mclaren F1
Porsche 550a Spyder
Aston Martin V12 Vanquish

And the list goes on.....

But ya, CA is pretty sweet...now if only they could share the wealth :P
lmao 1/8th of the world's wealth?

so what percentile goes to london, paris, abu dhabi, new york city, beijng, dubai, etc.?

definitely LOL @ putting the ford GT500 and BMW M3 in the same group as an Enzo and McLaren F1.

ObeyMyFast!

Chimp
Jul 20, 2010
San Diego
wat?

Hawaii is better then all of the above mentioned placed. malo
Have fun with your heat and humidity. And wtf about 1/8 of the world's wealth...

lmao 1/8th of the world's wealth?

so what percentile goes to london, paris, abu dhabi, new york city, beijng, dubai, etc.?

definitely LOL @ putting the ford GT500 and BMW M3 in the same group as an Enzo and McLaren F1.
This.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
super car rub and tug thread?
Yeah, who cares what the people in the neighborhood drive, wear, or do in their spare time? Live your own life, OP, and check out from the overly image-conscious scene that is LA.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I almost got t-boned by a douche in a Lambo on Sunday. I didn't want to get yellow paint on my wifes blue Corolla, though.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
When I lived in near Hollywood, La Brea/Melrose, in an "un-fancy" neighborhood (If I can afford the place, it can't be fancy). Some guy who lived on the block owned a Lamborghini, but parked it on the street. It got booted, and sat there for a while.

One of those, "I have a fancy car and spend all my money on it, but have to live in apartments and park it on the street because I have no more money" kind of things I guess.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
One of those, "I have a fancy car and spend all my money on it, but have to live in apartments and park it on the street because I have no more money" kind of things I guess.
The guy across the street owns a very Lexus SC 430 and lives in a $600 a month townhouse in the ghetto (I live in the ghetto, too :rofl: ). Since the townhouses don't have garages, he has it in the car port.

And people wonder why I park my motorcycle IN THE HOUSE when I leave town overnight.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
The guy across the street owns a very Lexus SC 430 and lives in a $600 a month townhouse in the ghetto (I live in the ghetto, too :rofl: ). Since the townhouses don't have garages, he has it in the car port.

And people wonder why I park my motorcycle IN THE HOUSE when I leave town overnight.
Ha yeah. I mean, if owning the car is your dream, and you're willing to sacrifice all else to own it, then by all means do it. However, if you're buying such a nice car, it's a shame to have to park it on the street to be rammed into, and dinged by other drivers. The most common thing is the driver's side mirror being ripped off.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Ha yeah. I mean, if owning the car is your dream, and you're willing to sacrifice all else to own it, then by all means do it. However, if you're buying such a nice car, it's a shame to have to park it on the street to be rammed into, and dinged by other drivers. The most common thing is the driver's side mirror being ripped off.
I think the story behind it is he used to be a high roller until he got divorced and took to the cleaners. She let him keep the car because she took the SUV. He holds on to his precious ride and lives the dream.

This is only a theory based on my observation since he moved in a few months ago. People watching in the hood is a pastime of mine.

<edit> It is funny to hear him flying up the street with the top down blasting show tunes or Celine Dion, though.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
When I lived in near Hollywood, La Brea/Melrose, in an "un-fancy" neighborhood (If I can afford the place, it can't be fancy). Some guy who lived on the block owned a Lamborghini, but parked it on the street. It got booted, and sat there for a while.

i bet it was a lease.

alexrex20

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Spring TX
Wasn't talking aout a new one....

My uncle has an origional Shelby GT500 as well as an orgigional Cobra.
and my uncle owns a pair of Veyron Super Sports. :rolleyes:

a GT500KR Convertible is worth about $75k on a good day. it's still not even close to being on the same level as any other car on your list.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
This thread is terrible.

If MMike and TheMontashu had been the only participants in it, it could not be much worse.