Quantcast

Nice Hotel in Seattle-Reasonably close to Airport

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Any recommendations? I've got a layover after Christmas and I'd like to stay someplace nice (up to ~$200 a night is fine) that is 15 minutes or so away from the airport, close to good restaruants is a plus as well. The most I've seen of Seattle is the airport and a Best Western, so I thought I'd come to the experts for help.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
There are a ton of hotels around there, and 90% of them look kinda sh*tty. In my experience you can't go wrong with Marriot though.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Silver said:
How about Hotel Monaco? I'm starting to look toward downtown...
DT is 15-30 minutes from the airport (or more with nasty traffic)

Anything around the airport is going to be pretty mediocure, but then I wouldn't know a nice place if it bit me on the arse. :D

There are plenty of strip clubs around the airport though.......:rolleyes:

Why the want for a fancy place? What brings you to the PNW over night?

Rhino

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
RhinofromWA said:
DT is 15-30 minutes from the airport (or more with nasty traffic)

Anything around the airport is going to be pretty mediocure, but then I wouldn't know a nice place if it bit me on the arse. :D

There are plenty of strip clubs around the airport though.......:rolleyes:

Why the want for a fancy place? What brings you to the PNW over night?

Rhino
Shouldn't be too much traffic at 8pm on a Wed night...

We're coming back from visting family for Christmas, and the airline tickets were frequent flyer, so I figured I'd get a nice hotel to make my wife happy...:D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Westin or Sheraton Downtown is nice. I've stayed at the W it's a pretty surreal place you get techno in the elevator.... You could do the Edgewater Inn down on the pier as well. The hotels around the airport are cheese best to stay downtown to enjoy all the touristy stuff. Get a map of downtown and you can walk to Pike Place take the monorail to the Space Needle ride a free bus to Chinatown and eat the head off of a duck and/or mosey on down to Pioneer Square......
How long is your layover?
*edit* Downtown Seattle is a really tiny metropolis you can walk from one side to the other in less than an hour, but you don't have to, there is a good bus system and in the downtown area it's free.... *edit*

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
If you want to go all out, stay at The Inn at the Market or The W.

I'm pretty sure that the Inn at the Market is slightly over $200 a night, but if you can swing it, the location can't be beat. I'm not sure how much The W runs, but it's probably up there too.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Silver said:
Shouldn't be too much traffic at 8pm on a Wed night...

We're coming back from visting family for Christmas, and the airline tickets were frequent flyer, so I figured I'd get a nice hotel to make my wife happy...:D
Where do you head after SeaTac?

About the traffic........

I have added 30 minutes to a drive on I-405 (parrallels I-5 on teh other side of Lake WA) 2 in the morning because they were working on the road. :mumble: You never know. They cut 4 lanes out and funneled everyone down into 1 lane....freaking insane.

I would allow plenty of time and be early. :D Never know when Seattle traffic decides to crap out.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
RhinofromWA said:
I would allow plenty of time and be early. :D Never know when Seattle traffic decides to crap out.
He'll be alright.... going north to d.t. Seattle after 10 a.m. is a breeze even during evening rush hour from the airport.....

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Heading to the airport the next day at about noon and then flying back into Long Beach. To get a saver award with the miles I had to stay overnight, so it's more like a really long layover with a nice dinner and bed.

Looks like the Monaco...I looked at the other ones recommended, but my wife wants the jacuzzi...:D

Thanks for the advice!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
thesacrifice said:
the airport is actually in seatac which is a ****hole!
Seatac is only good for catching a plane or catching air. The only 2 reasons I ever go there.

Monaco is sweeeet for sure.
The Edgewater is right on Elliott Bay - and that's the same hotel where Led Zeppelin had their infamous red snapper incident.;)

Hope it all works out for you, Silver!

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Looks like the Monaco...I looked at the other ones recommended, but my wife wants the jacuzzi...
Hotel Monaco is a sweet place to stay. I stayed there last spring for a night. The jacuzzi tub is good too!

They will provide a goldfish in a bowl in your room if you request it. I doubt it would like the jacuzzi tub much, though.