Quantcast

Nice set of toe cages?

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
I'm going this week to pickup the frame for my little fixie project that will become my college/commuter bike. I'll have to wear regular shoes for the convience factor, so I'd like to know if theres a higher end set of toe cages that doesn't suck as much as every other pair I've tried.

I'd love to clip in, but frankly I'd rather not have to wear riding shoes into class and such

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Is it a track bike, or just a townie? They make nice clips for track racing, you may wanna search on google.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Personally I'd ride spd's and get some comfortable mtb/casual shoes so you can clip in AND walk around ok.

But maybe you can tell us more about the problems you are having with toe clips? It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing what you don't like.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Personally I'd ride spd's and get some comfortable mtb/casual shoes so you can clip in AND walk around ok.

But maybe you can tell us more about the problems you are having with toe clips? It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing what you don't like.
I don't like cheap flimsy plastic toe cages. I have some spd mtb shoes, but I'd rather not wear them into class, or end up riding my bike to someones apartment and have to change shoes etc. etc.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
All the clips pictured in this thread were a lot nicer than the ones I had as a kid (big black plastic).

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I don't like cheap flimsy plastic toe cages. I have some spd mtb shoes, but I'd rather not wear them into class, or end up riding my bike to someones apartment and have to change shoes etc. etc.
Gotcha. Well then yeah some good steel ones like those Soma's. The all break if you drag em around like a lot of the fixey noobs I see riding in SF. You might also consider some half clips like these, either in steel or plastic. They hang down a little less.