Quantcast

Nice V levers needed

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Someone, somewhere has a nice set of v brake levers I can buy. Avid Ultimates, Dangerboys, Avid SLs, XT, XTR. I'm looking to buy.

Posting this because I know you freaky parts hoarders have some tucked away. Let em go man, you are riding disks now.

Sorry for the wrong forum, we all know classifieds is dead.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So I stop by J & R Cycles today (Well known BMX place)

Me: I'm looking for a pair of linear levers.
Countermonkey: We only carry right hand levers.
Me: You have Avids. Avids are ambidextrous.
Countermonkey: Yeah, but we only carry the right levers.
Me: You... only carry ambidextrous levers for the right side?
Countermonkey: Yes.
Me: I'm going to go now.
Countermonkey: Have a great day!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have a spare set of Avid 7's, Ultimates and XTR levers. I still have a bike with V-brakes that I love and will not part with any vee brake components. If the industrial world collapses tomorrow I will still be furnished with enough bike parts for the rest of my life.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Ridemonkey delivers! I hadn't even hoped to find my dream lever, silver avid ultimates. (Bike is all white/silver) I had only heard references to the silver ones. And goddam them sh!tz it tight! Huge thanks to AngryMetalSmith!

Now if only the shop could locate the linear cables I ordered two weeks ago.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Ridemonkey delivers! I hadn't even hoped to find my dream lever, silver avid ultimates. (Bike is all white/silver) I had only heard references to the silver ones. And goddam them sh!tz it tight! Huge thanks to AngryMetalSmith!

Now if only the shop could locate the linear cables I ordered two weeks ago.
Snail mail isn't so slow after all. I dropped the box off Wednesday around 4:00pm. Glad you got them so quick, enjoy.

Post up a pic when you get done with the build.