Quantcast

Nicer bike = Slower rider?

l-c

Chimp
Nov 24, 2007
the bike have notthing to do whit the speed. i have a really nice bike but i am very slow and is not because i am worried about the bike.is just because i am chicken.

tumbler

Chimp
Aug 10, 2007
i think if its the same type of bike (dh - dh, xc - xc), its not important, because your not thinking about the bike, just pointing and shooting as a reaction. only if your taking a totally different type of bike (xc instead of dh) will it matter

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Haha Huck_Banzai that first pic is like the same angle as one I took, except way better quality :(

If *I* had taken that pic of my VP Free, it would have looked like a VP Poop!!

lolz - note the watermark in the corner - gots me a local pro to snap a few pics.

GO VPF!

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
1st off Huck Banzai: That is the coolest botanical background Ive seen in a long time. Where is that. :thumb: I dig nature its a NW thing!

1.5 years and this is my chalk up:
broken back T7 (3rd time broken back)
ripped collar bone from strernum and muscles and tendoins ripped from skull
1 frame
1 wheelset
xo der
7 tires ripped out
I9 spokes
rear bianco caliper
1 twenty6 pedal
answer protaper bars and more........

I ride with loose spokes, creaking parts from time to time, I call it the failure factor ride till it fails and find the limits! :D I dont ride because Im afraid to hurt my bike...
Its cost me alot and If I stray sometimes its not because Im a puss its because Im not feeling it. The realization I broke my t7 (inbetween shoulder blades) trips me out and I chill out. Unfortunently I forget the pain involved and start hucking and dropping again! :D So if Im not feeling it from time to time its my own personal demons and not equiptment.

If I dont go bigger further and harder past my limits then my regrets will far outway my personal demons and I can't live with that so I move forward and reduce regrets.
That - (DRUMROLL PLEASE) is Fort Tryon park in north Manhattan! The photog is Yonathan Arava, whose pics/video you may have seen on MTBR/RM/HCor/BBR/NSMB.

Dont think I can compete in the notches category, but I ripped the heatube off of 2 frames, crushed the Downtube on another. Many a back rim/wheel has ended its life in an instant thanks to my smoothness. 1 Wrecked XTR derailleur (rebuilt with random bits). Ive been reasonably good to parts, but spent tons on replacements even though the were 'unnecessary' (Pfft... pshaw!!!)

Bike injuries: 2x Broken foot, Broken Hand w/ compound sprains,1 Broken Rib, Nerve compression/trauma in knee (numb 4ever now), 1 concussion, a few hyperextensions.

Unrelated injuries:
- Fractured cervical vertebrae (C4) and lateral herniation (C4/C5).
- 80% tear Sternocleidomastoid (neck muscle)
- Herniated L1/S2 & L2/L1

I have severe ADHD so fear goes unnoticed at times, usually corresponds with intelligence going on hiatus as well. Despite this I am generally a careful and slow, but solid 'progressor'.

Moop...