Quantcast

Nicolai 4x

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
in regards to the 4x frame, if it is indeed 2299E, then it is $2600 us, plus ship. you can deduct the 19% VAT tax if you do not live in the EU.
Humm, that's a more sensible price, although more than I would pay for a 4x frame. Though people seem to say they are pretty durable. Could be a long term bike. The adjs. geo is as +.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I rewatched the vid and the race had 2 components, one was a DH run and the other a 4x race. Both on the same course. It's tame DH course, so guys were running the FS 4x bikes on it hence why you see Graf on the Ion14 and the hardtail (during the 4x race).

By the way, the 4x track that is being built right now in Champéry for the Worlds is supposed to be optimized for FS 4x bikes. Or at least that's what the builders want to see.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
and its legion of unquestioning fans. Those two things come first.:eek:
I'm only an "unquestioning fan" because I have owned enough frames to understand that quality control is as important as the base design of the frame.
I've owned a red frame that was made in the USA, it cracked and took almost a year to get replaced.
I have owned quite a few frames and the Nicolai is the first that I am 100% happy with construction wise, it may look crap and cost a bomb(to the orig owner) but it works and I will happily pay full price for a new one at a later date when this one is shagged.

Oh if they had a Cr-Mo hardtail I'd buy that no questions asked, also Mr slug can you please word your posts so special people like me can understand what you are actually saying/asking?

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
Financial availability of a product is always questionable and Nicolai products definitely are not affordable for many people over the small Europe. They can be any quality and any nice, any anything, but are aimed at small portion of people, IMO. I don't know their production numbers but I really wouldn't be surprised if someone like ZERODE passed Nicolai in FR/DH market in the next 2 years. Nicolai is becoming a cult but it may cause their end, as well. Man, competition is releasing full carbon DH frames, Nicolai is still fidelling with holes in gussets.

Look at this freshly new garage brand that arose in France this year. Similiar pricing because of "Handmade in France", just nicer industrial look I think.

http://www.velovert.com/article/3974/home-bicycle-factory-une-marque-100-bien-de-chez-nous...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Looks are subjective. Imho it looks like a Canyon/Astro/Poison etc while nicolai are orginal and I like the looks of their newer gen fsr bikes.

Not to mention build in yurp is not always equal. Nicolai has the best looking welds and (supposedly) some of the best welders in the business.