Quantcast

Nicotine Monkies

antimony

M.N.F. Beer Wench
Nov 21, 2005
North Carolina
Ewwwwwww... smokers! Sorry, I loathe cigarettes more than anything in the world and feel the need to let it be known at any given opportunity!

When I own my own island, there will be no smokers allowed! :weee:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
In regards to tobacco, I enjoy an occasional cigar. If they weren't so terribly unhealthy I would enjoy them more often.

Oh and dutchies. ;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
^ kinda funny that you mention that. No one seems to care about the after ride beer that is considered the norm (myself included). Not saying its a bad thing just interesting.
Well, you should probably consider the number of people who have an after-ride beer who don't consume a case of beer a day vs. the number of people who have an after-ride smoke who don't consume a pack of cigarettes a day.

It's far likelier that the cigarette smoker is addicted and is smoking an unhealthy amount of cigarettes than the beer drinker is.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
A beer or two is a nice recovery drink after a ride.

But, if you're me and have 10 double cocktails and a few ciggys after a ride is not...

I do have a buddy that (amazingly) will even smoke during a ride sometimes who can climb for days and who could ride longer in the AZ mountains than most Monkeys.

I guess my point is: Do what ya like.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
back in the 80's when all bikes were fully rigid, we would fire up a fatty for the climb to the top at Santa Roasalia [2500 feet 13 miles] then break out the vial and spoon and fill the nostrils with coke. It was a serious balls to the wall race back down to Aptos with the geeked squad. lol

now some guys would dump out the end tobacco of the cig and fill it with coke going for the double rush

yeah we were nuts

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
back in the 80's when all bikes were fully rigid, we would fire up a fatty for the climb to the top at Santa Roasalia [2500 feet 13 miles] then break out the vial and spoon and fill the nostrils with coke. It was a serious balls to the wall race back down to Aptos with the geeked squad. lol
Just good fun IMO! Snorting a little recreational back in the day was awesome. :thumb:

Fast forward: Did a South Mountain shuttle in PHX when a dude starts hitting a crack pipe on the way up and that's just fukd up. Two very different drugs...

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT

now some guys would dump out the end tobacco of the cig and fill it with coke going for the double rush

yeah we were nuts
Just good fun IMO! Snorting a little recreational back in the day was awesome. :thumb:

Fast forward: Did a South Mountain shuttle in PHX when a dude starts hitting a crack pipe on the way up and that's just fukd up. Two very different drugs...
:shocked:

Yeah, I remember you telling me that story. Crazy...

I ride with a guy (SixtySix) who can smoke Marly reds and still climb all day.

Not me!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I quit smoking 12 years ago. Took 5 years to really get over it.

I know a former heroin addict who swears it's easier to stop shooting than smoking cigs. How's that for scary?

I like having a cigarette or 3 when the fancy takes me. It'll probably kill me when I'm in my 80's. Until then I'll enjoy a lung lolly with an alcoholic beverage. They just go togther like N8 and a punch in the face.
I envision the last time I saw my aunt Alice after the throat cancer got her, standing up while they pumped gruel of some sort into her with a tube and a pump, shudder...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I envision the last time I saw my aunt Alice after the throat cancer got her, standing up while they pumped gruel of some sort into her with a tube and a pump, shudder...
A friends father in law had to have half of his jaw and toungue removed from tobacco induced mouth cancer

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
I ride with a guy pretty often who always burns before we ride, claims it puts him in "the zone" cant argue with him though, he's faster than me. Just makes me wonder how he would ride if he didn't.
I feel him there. I used to burn before DH runs (cut way back these days). It would get me pumped and in the "zone". I did notice that I would gas way quicker and my power output went down.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I've burned before DH runs. It was interesting...but like rockofullr, my power output would go way down.

Burning before a 30 mile epic, that was pretty neat. Smooth rolling trail, it was a cool feeling.
Although I couldn't do it all the time.
Most of the crew I ride with burns before, during and after every ride they are on. I can't do that...

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I quit smoking 4 years ago I believe and I don't miss it one bit. In fact, it's hard for me to believe that I smoked for the better part of 10 years. That sh!t is gross! I think it took about 6 months to get completely to the point that I didn't want one.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
I quit smoking 4 years ago I believe and I don't miss it one bit. In fact, it's hard for me to believe that I smoked for the better part of 10 years. That sh!t is gross! I think it took about 6 months to get completely to the point that I didn't want one.
Same story here. I quit smoking five years ago and it took 6 months to a year to forget about those ****ing things. I have no desire to smoke anymore. It is hard to believe I smoked for 12 years.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
about 2 cans a day

Your a mad man my friend, wish I could afford an extra 14 bucks a day!!!

How long do you keep each dip in? I just quit (about 4 weeks) after chewing on/off (mostly on) for about 10 years, and while I had a chew in for most of the day, I rarely wen't through more than 1/4 can a day.

Crazy.
That is incredible. You must have a dip in at all times?

I go through about a can a week ish, sometimes mroe, sometimes less. I keep one in most the time. Just keep them going for a long while is all. Its crazy how You can litterally forget how long you have had a dip going when your having a busy day.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I dip, usually 1 tin a day. I buy logs of skoal wintergreen, citrus, peach and sometimes apple. Usually get a tin of cope straight about once a week. I have noticed in college VERY few people dip, but many smoke cigs. I personally can't get a nicotine buzz from a cig because I am used to dipping so much. I also can't stand how the smell of cigs lingers on EVERYTHING. The only time someone can smoke in my car is when they have a camel. Hands down they are the least disgusting smelling.

greenhood

Turbo Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
SEATTLE-MINNEAPOLIS
I dip, usually 1 tin a day. I buy logs of skoal wintergreen, citrus, peach and sometimes apple. Usually get a tin of cope straight about once a week. I have noticed in college VERY few people dip, but many smoke cigs. I personally can't get a nicotine buzz from a cig because I am used to dipping so much. I also can't stand how the smell of cigs lingers on EVERYTHING. The only time someone can smoke in my car is when they have a camel. Hands down they are the least disgusting smelling.
College girls don't like guys that chew. Just a theory. :D