Quantcast

Night ride at Pocahontas State Park.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
There will be a night ride, XC, at Pocahontas State Park this Thursday May 20th. Be there at the Heritage Center parking lot for sign in at 8pm, ride starts at 8:30 until about 10pm. We will be riding some of the trails backwards to make it more interesting.

This is a organized group ride, sign in required as well as a parking fee of about $3. Night riding by individuals is not allowed otherwise.

We had 17 riders there for the last one which divided into two groups, one faster one slower. It made for quite a train of lights going through the woods. :cool:

Mike

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
is this night ride a regular thing? i've been hearing about that trail for a while, and really want to check it out, but haven't been able to make it down to richmond...

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Originally posted by kirstin
is this night ride a regular thing? i've been hearing about that trail for a while, and really want to check it out, but haven't been able to make it down to richmond...
We're trying for once a month so far. I don't know about if the days getting longer if the Rangers will want to hang around later but they've extended this ride by 1 hour from the last one.

You're certainly welcome to come down and ride but I don't know if it's all that worth the trip. I personally think the trails there are great by Central VA standards but don't know if they're road trip worthy since there's similar terrain up in NOVA.

Mike

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Dartman
We're trying for once a month so far. I don't know about if the days getting longer if the Rangers will want to hang around later but they've extended this ride by 1 hour from the last one.

You're certainly welcome to come down and ride but I don't know if it's all that worth the trip. I personally think the trails there are great by Central VA standards but don't know if they're road trip worthy since there's similar terrain up in NOVA.

Mike
well, i do have a bunch of friends in richmond, and will go on a road trip at the drop of a hat, so i'll probably make it down there at some point...