Quantcast

Night ride in Santa Cruz - Wed. 01/23/08 7:00pm

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
How long is one loop josh? Would anyone be down for more than loop. if 1 loop is less then around 15 miles? It's a bit of drive for me, gotta make it worthwhile.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
One loop actually would end up being around 45 min to an hour I believe. Mike may want to chime in here. A loop would be up Ucon and then down one of the trails leading back to 9. Unless, we got enough people who would be willing to shuttle.

Jensen

Monkey
Apr 30, 2007
UC/SLO,ca
i will have to see, im planning on hitting the gap tuesday night with some south bay people, if that goes through, ill prob come down to uc. im thinking i need to make the south bay rides a once a week thing :)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Hey Josh and Scott... I'm in for Wednesday.

I'm down for two loops though. Gotta' make the drive worth while for me, too.

Scott, if you want two loops, I'll hit it up with you. Up Rincon, Ucon, whatever... and then down some of the smoother trails. No aggro frickin' DC, Airborne, or anything else. I'm thinking Sweet-Magic-Carpet-Ness-Leaves.

Woo woo.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
From lot to top across the fire road, down and back down 9 to where we should park... I say 1 hour if we rip it. But this is a night ride. Night ride involves stopping, shooting the shizzle, and enjoying the peace and serenity of bombing down the hill with blackness in your face.

gideon

Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
San Francisco
did a ride last fri night at henry coe park
nuts off cold, lotta fun
2800 vertical, and all those cats were strong climbers
i'd be down to make the shclep from sf, even take a train (if it exists) cuz driving is brutal at that hour
as others have written, make it a decent long ride, so u feel u got ur monies worth, esp if coming from afar
some of the best times of night rides are when u power down at the tops of ridges and chill for a bit
nothin to do back at home 'cept watch tv, surf or sleep

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Considering the weather, I'm reconsidering the ride tomorrow night. Snow line is LOW... like 1000 feet, and it's been cold. 40 degrees when I woke up this morning, and that's in Santa Clara!!!!

Plus, with all this rain, we'd pretty much end up destroy any trail we went up, AND came down.

I'm questionable at this time. I don't mean to flake, and I still want to ride... I'm a little concerned about the dirt.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Yea im with you Mike,man this rain is much needed but it sux for the riding.Maybe I should take this chance to rebuild forks which are way over due.And Josh if you want your wheels straightened and trued I can do that to.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Alright, I might hit you up for that soon haha

I just ride bikes, fixing them for the most part is a mystery to me.

I am happy to have one of you magic bike wizards touch my bike.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, if anyone is interested there's an art show tonight in downtown SJ. My tattoo artist and some other artists will be there.

I think the sounds of the evening will be Reggae which I'm not too much of a fan of, but cover is only $2.

And yeah... this rain sucks. But we need it, and it'll make for some FANTASTIC riding all summer long. :)

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Ok so I just got back from a quick UC loop,the trails were really good.Not sure if the weather will hold for the nite ride but if does you guys should go.Mostly sunny and cold yeasterday and only a few showers last nite and into the early morning so not the rain I expected.But it is coming.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Hmmm... Dang it. I already rented 3:10 to Yuma to watch while I'm working out tonight.

Glad at least Todd got to go out on the trails for a little bit today.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Ha ha , yea Im lucky to have a chance to take my little girl to daycare once a week to get in a little ride!And man it was cold, I looked like a steam train puffing up the Rincon trail.It was proly in the 40s this morning when i started.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Hahaaha... if you say so.

It's supposed to rain throughout next Monday, so at this point, I'd like to plan on a Wednesday night ride. Jehn's back into her church small group on Wednesday night, which means that Wednesday is an opportune time for us to ride.

UC would be fun, but so would Demo. And yes, the climb sucks, and yes it's WAY colder out there, but Josh... you'd LOVE that ride on your new bike, man. You'd LOVE it.