Quantcast

Night Ride Night Crash

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Well last night was my first real Night MTB ride of the year. I met up with a friend of mine around 6:00 and headed into the wood. I don't know about you monkeys but there isn't anything better then a clear night, nice moon, and you’re MTB.

So everything was going just fine up until a tacky downhill section that is pretty safe during the day. I suppose I was a little over confident in this section because I was flying. I had my lights attached to my handle bars so I had some blind spots. Well in one of those blind spots a tree was trying to cross the trail and I hit it full speed with my left shoulder (the same one I popped out of joint last year)

Last night when I got home to inspect the damage I found that the impact was so hard that it spit the skin. Not to deep but enough for blood to come out (and was hard as a rock). The swelling had also started. So I had a few Captain and Cokes a few beers and attempted to get some sleep. This morning my shoulder is swelled up like a baseball. So it looks like I'm off to see the doctor the wonderful doctor of OZ.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
When I had my car towed Monday, the tow truck driver dislocated his shoulder while strapping down my car tire to the flatbed. :dead: He was tightening the strap when he shouted "Uh oh! My shoulder just dislocated!" Apparently it pops out quite often. Effing gross. So he finished the job while slouched over to one side.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
When I had my car towed Monday, the tow truck driver dislocated his shoulder while strapping down my car tire to the flatbed. :dead: He was tightening the strap when he shouted "Uh oh! My shoulder just dislocated!" Apparently it pops out quite often. Effing gross. So he finished the job while slouched over to one side.

:dead: :dead: :dead:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I Are Baboon said:
He didn't just slam his shoulder into a wall to put it back.