Quantcast

Night ride tomorrow

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Josh knows where this will be. We talked about a longer loop on a longer trail last week, but decided to take the shorter route.

We'll meet out where we met last week at approximately 6:30pm.

You foolsbags down?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, let's put it this way. We moved pretty fast through the descent last time. We can move equally fast down the other trail, but it's a longer trail. Probably 15 minutes longer. The the further drop adds a substantially longer climb out of approximately 1.5 miles, but it's a steeper grade then the rest of the climb.

I'd say 11 or 11:30 should do you just fine.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hmmmm...
meeting @ 6:30 - good
knowing the day before - good
Needing lights on the decent - not so good

How long did it take you guys to get to the top last time?

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Heh- Probably Kelly. She doesn't see too well at night, whereas I'm am like a navy seal or chuck norris when it comes to seeing in he dark.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I have an extra helmet light you can borrow for the climb out. You probably won't need one for the descent if we pick-up the pace enough.

-Mike

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Todd, Sorry I suck and I'm not going to be able to make it out there tonight before the ride. =[

I have to be here at work until 6.

Ugh today already is ****ing awful. I am having a really bad day.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Blah dude! That blows!

Well, no worries. If something changes, the meeting time stands, so you can still MEAT us out there. That sucks, dude.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds good.

Todd, looks like I am going to get off early today actually. Can I come by and pick that light up for Brian or Kelly? Maybe take you up on that rummaging offer?

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Dang... last night was fun. SUPER sketchy, but that was the first time we've descended down Braille in MOSTLY dark in over a month.

Good ride, guys. Next week let's hit Sawpit. No excuses.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Weeknights are next to never gonna happen for me.My wife just gets home to late, 630 700 is the norm.And though my dog is very smart I dont think he is fully capable of watching a two year old, haha.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Well, maybe one of these weeks we do a Friday night night ride. That way we get the full use of the darkness.

I'll just take Saturday off and relax, and then ride again on Sunday. :D