Quantcast

Night ride

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
33 mile night ride in two hours - felt really good. Amazing you can come home tired from work and feeling lazy, get on the bike and then there is all this energy left. Nice to have the park more or less to myself vs. the madness in the summer :thumb: I really home I can do this some more so I get at least two rides per week which should really help me get back in shape.

Still need some windproof tights but I will order them tonight.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
I love doing night time road rides. Will usually do a weekday route though, where I know where I am and have a bail route so I have a fast way to get home if something goes wrong mechanically or weather wise. With it being a usual route it still seems to have a different feel to it.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm happy to say I finally got back on the road this month.

I've been mountain biking mostly during the winter, but after the heavy rains, the trails are destroyed.

I was still a little psyched out about putting the hammer down at night, but I got over it quickly on the first 30mph downhill.

But what I really like is, not this is night related, is being able to ride home without taking the car. I live about 40 miles from work, so right now I have been parking it about 30 miles away and taking the train to work, then riding back.

But that 30 miles I ride is the worst traffic in the Bay Area. So while cars sit in traffic, I'm riding.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I love doing night time road rides. Will usually do a weekday route though, where I know where I am and have a bail route so I have a fast way to get home if something goes wrong mechanically or weather wise. With it being a usual route it still seems to have a different feel to it.
I just ride Prospect Park where I am within a short walking distance from home so its perfect and with lights all the way around.