Quantcast

Night Riders ....

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Not I. [would I really want to be that close ... :p ]

Up here in the PCNW the forest service is playing around with motion activated camera's at trailheads in an effort to cut down on crime [theft, rape, drug runners/manufactures, etc...] This shot was captured by one of those camera's and is circulating the FS email circuit.

Pretty cool, no? The deer is totally clueless. :devil:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Not I. [would I really want to be that close ... :p ]

Up here in the PCNW the forest service is playing around with motion activated camera's at trailheads in an effort to cut down on crime [theft, rape, drug runners/manufactures, etc...] This shot was captured by one of those camera's and is circulating the FS email circuit.

Pretty cool, no? The deer is totally clueless. :devil:
Still a cool pic. Even if it isn't from NY. Oh well.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Toshi said:
jdcamb, given that both of these threads with this particular pic are email forwards, i bet that the info in each is completely made up. the pic is real, but the location and circumstances aren't. typical snopes material, except i can't find it just now.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104292
Yes it appears to be not from around my neck of the woods. Which may or may not be a cool thing as I don't want to deal with them.....jdcamb

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Toshi said:
jdcamb, given that both of these threads with this particular pic are email forwards, i bet that the info in each is completely made up. the pic is real, but the location and circumstances aren't. typical snopes material, except i can't find it just now.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104292
it is a hell of a cool pic. Did some quick research on the net on what kind of deer is being stalked and found it was a Rocky Mountain Mule Deer. So it's not likely a pic that's been taken on either the Eastern or Western coast of that much is certain.

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"Yes it appears to be not from around my neck of the woods."
That much is obvious as soon as I clicked on it. However, I too
have heard rumours of big-cat sightings. I spoke with a a guy from
the southern-tier that is basically a professional hunter. He swears
he's heard them "hollering" at night. Said it scared the piss outta him!
There are huge black bears, coyotes and bald eagles there...so why not?
BTW, there are 100+ lb. coyotes here in Hilton, NY. I've see them on
several occasions: they've even followed me riding, with my boys in the
bike trailer! There is a picture somewhere on the net, of a huge one
shot by a female bow-hunter. I saw two dead grey foxes yesterday; one
in Durand, the other on the way home. Actually saw a third running in a field
now that I think about it.
Tim

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
All Ive seen back in maryland is foxes, the usual rodents, and one wild turkey(might have been escaped). Of course out here in CO we've got all kinds of cool critters, but I havent seen any except for deer.. lame.