Quantcast

Nighttime DH race at Windrock?

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
College race. 5 or 6 teams will be qualifying friday for the race that will be held that night. It's a Red Bull event.

petermillsnc

Chimp
Jan 26, 2007
So its going to be sat. april 18th. Is the qualifier for the teams saturday afternoon or is that on friday. I hope it is saturday afternoon, then race saturday night. details...
-peter

repping unc asheville

Last edited:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
So its going to be sat. april 18th. Is the qualifier for the teams saturday afternoon or is that on friday. I hope it is saturday afternoon, then race saturday night. details...
-peter

repping unc asheville
yo sweet meat! Its going to be the same schedule as it was supposed to be this Friday, but on Saturday. Registration from 10-12, then Qualifying from 12 to dark, then race runs start around midnight.

petermillsnc

Chimp
Jan 26, 2007
yo sweet meat! Its going to be the same schedule as it was supposed to be this Friday, but on Saturday. Registration from 10-12, then Qualifying from 12 to dark, then race runs start around midnight.
nice motomike, keeping the "sweet meat" alive. Farris would be proud. It will be good to get together and ride some bikes.
-pete

shakedown

Aug 27, 2007
Atlanta
Well then, since on sat, this I got to see. Might just drive up from Atl to watch, since not a student and have a jacked up foot. So sounds like drink and watch carnage :banana:

Last edited:

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
After I posted this I emailed a friend of my with RB... Can't believe it's true. Night time race at Windrock. Probably one of the craziest things I have ever heard.

Whoever goes to watch, please take some photos or video of the carnage. I'm a weeee bit too far away now to attend.

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Although this event wasnt originally intended to be plastered all over the intarnetz i'm glad yall are getting pumped. Its a shame that rain postponed the event but night+mud+people trying to go big at wr is not a good combination.

The event is intended for college riders meaning that primarily only college riders will be riding during the night. Now if anyone wanted to go up there and ride with a couple of sweet dudez on an open saturday then that might be the day to do it. If you "college guys" have any questions shoot me a pm.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Will anyone be out riding Friday?

I am heading down to TN from Maryland for the weekend and wasn't planning on bringing my bike but now I am regretting not planning ahead to check out Windrock on the DH bike or the KTM.

None of the guys I am heading down with ride so I didn't plan for it. If anyone will be out I could bring a bike down.

Wndrckr

Monkey
Nov 10, 2005
Knoxville, TN
Will anyone be out riding Friday?

I am heading down to TN from Maryland for the weekend and wasn't planning on bringing my bike but now I am regretting not planning ahead to check out Windrock on the DH bike or the KTM.

None of the guys I am heading down with ride so I didn't plan for it. If anyone will be out I could bring a bike down.
There should be a couple of Cajuns there Friday to spice things up.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt

Highlights included:

carnage
sweet night shredding
Ethan Q dropping a smokin' time in the dark
flat tire canyon gaps
shaums march almost whoopin' some redneck ass late night at the campsite
several police encounters
awesome weather for the race

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
Hopefully Ethan ended up with a better light set than the last pm DH race. Way to smoke it up E-dog!

More Pics! Was this pic at the start? Looks like mid' way of startin' sh!t.

Sorry I missed this one!

rcdreamer

Chimp
Feb 14, 2007
Marietta, Ga
Was a great time! Just a spectator this time, but rode most the afternoon with everyone. Thanks to the Red Bull crew, Shaums March, Robbie Bourdon, the riders, and of course the usual windrock crew for a great event. Would be great to see more events like this.

Robert

CHepler

Monkey
Sep 5, 2005
Nothing more than a sony with the night shot on.
This was the second guy down in the last shuttle of timed riders. If you know who you are.