Quantcast

nike 6.0 tunnel jam, contains radness

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/104421/

Looks like such a sweet contest, shows how big the gap between bmx and mtb is...would like to see sodestrom, chase, hauck etc in there and see what they come up with
They'd get straight smoked... That being said, put the bmxer's in a mountain environment and the mtb guys would kill. It's not different talent levels, mtb guys (in a park environment) are limited by the big bikes.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Definitely true about it being different skills for different environments but when people are asking can you ride 24"/26" in a skatepark videos like this show that going 20" makes so much more sense.....

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
yah, although there are guys on 26 inch bikes that can do almost everything in that video.

Although that flair tailwhip was so off the fycking hook I nearly shat myself.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
yah, although there are guys on 26 inch bikes that can do almost everything in that video.
On a much much smaller scale perhaps. I'm not into the whole bmx vs mtb debate, but to say that there are mountain bikers riding on anywhere near the same level as the bmxers in this video seems pretty short sighted to me.

This stuff is amazing. It reminds me of playing Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
not one person in particular, more the fact that there were 20 or so guys at that event with solid tricks and awesome style. MTB events seem to have a smaller talent pool and the tricks are all the same....so i suppose its creativity, more line choice and depth of talent which still sets bmx apart from mtb for me.

Since the park is staying there id love to see some mtbers rip it up and prove me wrong