Quantcast

Niner Bikes is Hiring!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Anyone wanna..????

:)

Ryan is still with us and doing a fantastic job. But we need more help.
We are looking for someone who is as passionate about the 29er revolution as we are.

We are hiring someone to work in the office.

Duties will include:
Help answering the phone and emails
Shipping of goods
Building test bikes
Attending bike shows and races
Taking part in new product discussions
Misc errands

Benefits include:
Access to demo bikes and prototype bikes
Niner Frames and parts at employee discounts
Wholesale prices on parts and accessories
Healthcare Insurance
Company bike rides (we have a shower at our new building)

Pay: Monthly Salary $1400- $1800 depending on experience
Hours: M-F full time

To apply please fax resume to:
818-883-5860
info@ninerbikes.com

Be prepared to bring your bike with you to the interview. You must own a 29er to work here. We don't care if it is not one of our frames.

Chris
Niner Bikes

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
For 1400-1800 a month, do they give you a lead on a shipping container to live out of and a vacant lot to set it up in?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Wow, you mean I could make less than half what I make now and I all I have to do is ride a 29'er? Where do I sign?!?!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I was thinking that they're talking about roughly $8-10/hour for essentially a receptionist with some mechanical skills, and I didn't think that was completely out of line, especially after the "perk" of wholesale parts (which, to a rider, is like cash in the pocket anyway)... until I noticed they're located in southern California. :dead:

You're probably talking about $1100-1200 after taxes for the low end of that number... can you even get a tiny, crappy apartment in SoCal for less than $900-1000/month?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
binary visions said:
I was thinking that they're talking about roughly $8-10/hour for essentially a receptionist with some mechanical skills, and I didn't think that was completely out of line... until I noticed they're located in southern California. :dead:

You're probably talking about $1100-1200 after taxes for the low end of that number... can you even get a tiny, crappy apartment in SoCal for less than $900-1000/month?
My company wanted me to move out there last year. From the reasearch I did it seemed that although the cost of living is much higher the average pay scale is not, so that isn't really that far off base. Just plan on sharing your $1100 apartment with 3 other room mates or living with your parents until your are 30.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In my travels to the LA area I have noticed a large number of RV parked on the side of the road in non residential areas. I reckon there are folks just trying to find a cheaper way to live.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
it may not be a well paying job, but it'd be kind of a glam job (especially if you love to bike and are right out of high school). its also a good foot in the door of the industry and a good way to make connections.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
Sheesh... tough crowd....

They could easily hire 4 illegals for that kinda coin....
I don't know, I bet it would be hard for them to find 4 illegals with that qualification. Must have a 29'er? I bet they also want someone with an EMO haircut and a PBR neck tattoo.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jonKranked said:
it may not be a well paying job, but it'd be kind of a glam job (especially if you love to bike and are right out of high school). its also a good foot in the door of the industry and a good way to make connections.
I agree... Great job for a recent high school grad or even college grad who can live with their parents and wants to make connections in the industry.

I wonder if they count a road bike as a 29'er? :p

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
binary visions said:
I agree... Great job for a recent high school grad or even college grad who can live with their parents and wants to make connections in the industry.

I wonder if they count a road bike as a 29'er? :p

No.