Quantcast

Nitro Shox

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
in the meantime... millyard has a new shock:

millyard.jpg

i love that his kid is like, "dad! i need a new shock!" and dude proceeds to bang one out in the shed in a few hours - that appears to actually work. impressive that something so seemingly basic, from a design perspective (and built by one dude - albeit ridiculously talented - in a small shed with rudimentary tools) can be pretty effective. may be a biased opinion, but his kid appears to be a solid rider. would be curious to hear a 3rd party perspective.

allen has also hinted that he may be building a new dh bike as well...

troy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 3, 2008

View attachment 162764

i love that his kid is like, "dad! i need a new shock!" and dude proceeds to bang one out in the shed in a few hours - that appears to actually work. impressive that something so seemingly basic, from a design perspective (and built by one dude - albeit ridiculously talented - in a small shed with rudimentary tools) can be pretty effective. may be a biased opinion, but his kid appears to be a solid rider. would be curious to hear a 3rd party perspective.

and his rear wheel has no spokes! magic!

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.

View attachment 162764

Very cool. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anything you can get your hands on though. It was the same deal with the single sided swing arm gear boxed bike in '08....
It's coming
It's coming
It's coming

It's not coming.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That's weird. It's been poorly photoshopped out. Why would you do that?
It looks to me like this may be an artifact of a phone that does the fake boke effect with one camera lens rather than multiple, and the software simply thinks the spokes are part of the background. You can also see a line in the garage up near the gusset between top and downtubes.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It looks to me like this may be an artifact of a phone that does the fake boke effect with one camera lens rather than multiple, and the software simply thinks the spokes are part of the background. You can also see a line in the garage up near the gusset between top and downtubes.
yea, i'm inclined to agree its just how the pic was captured rather than any trickery, as you can see the spokes where they overlap the chainstays and the chain.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004

View attachment 162764

New dh bike but only for his kid. You want one but it'll never happen.