Quantcast

NM next week where to ride?

ironbar

Chimp
Mar 4, 2004
Tucson AZ
I'm heading out to Angel Fire for the weekend of the 18th, but will be heading into NM next Monday. Anyway, I have no idea where to ride other than the resort, and have a week to kill. Where are the must ride spots? I'll have two bikes with me a DH bike and a Singel speed XC bikes. I'd love to see what the local scene has to offer, so hit me with any trails. Also if anyone, wants to hook up for a ride that would be sweet, I'd love to hang with some of the local crushers.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ironbar said:
I'm heading out to Angel Fire for the weekend of the 18th, but will be heading into NM next Monday. Anyway, I have no idea where to ride other than the resort, and have a week to kill. Where are the must ride spots? I'll have two bikes with me a DH bike and a Singel speed XC bikes. I'd love to see what the local scene has to offer, so hit me with any trails. Also if anyone, wants to hook up for a ride that would be sweet, I'd love to hang with some of the local crushers.
Since you'll be right there, I suggest you hit the South Boundary Trail.

Info & Review:
http://www.freenewmexican.com/artsfeatures/2159.html

http://www.santafe.com/outdoors/biking.html

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
yeah south boundry for sure.
if you have time in albq i made
some dh trail off the paved road to the top towers.
most weekends there are people shuttleing it.

call fat tire cycles and say alex sent you.

talk to tony or chris

nmjb

Monkey
Apr 26, 2005
Idyllwild, CA
The trails off the paved road leading to sandia peak are definitely some of the best around.

If you want a decent xc ride, the foothills on the eastern side of albuquerque are fun. Also, last I knew there was a dirt jump park in the foothills too.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
most of ottero is open.

you can only go up a while then you have to dothe stuff to

the south east.

all of cerdo is open.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
ironbar said:

Let us know how it was!