ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D8COP5F81.html

Texas lawmakers ask Bush to declare border emergency

09/21/2005

By SUZANNE GAMBOA / Associated Press

As the approach of Hurricane Rita sent Texas into emergency mode, several of the state's members in Congress declared an emergency for the border region because of illegal immigration.

Nineteen Republicans and four Democrats notified President Bush in a letter they were declaring a state of emergency for the Texas-Mexico border because "illegal aliens, many of which are 'other than Mexicans' (OTMs), are crossing our border by the hundreds on a daily basis."

The letter was written by Rep. Henry Bonilla, R-San Antonio, and sent late Tuesday. It was released publicly Wednesday morning as Texas coastal residents began fleeing to escape the expected wrath of Rita, which had intensified into a Category 4 storm and threatened the Texas coast.

"U.S. Rep. Bonilla just feels it's something that has been in the works for a long time, and we are consistently trying to work on the situation down there. We obviously are not trying to take away attention from Hurricane Rita," Bonilla spokeswoman Taryn Fritz Walpole said.

The declaration is "a symbolic state of emergency," Fritz Walpole said. Such a declaration could only be made by the governor or president. A declaration would mean more money for Texas for immigration purposes, she said.

The governors of New Mexico and Arizona have declared emergencies in those states because of illegal immigration, in part to make state money available to pay overtime for law enforcement officials and other needs. Texas Gov. Rick Perry has not.

Two Republicans in the Texas congressional delegation did not sign the letter: Reps. Ron Paul of Surfside and Joe Barton of Ennis. The state has 21 Republicans and 11 Democrats in the U.S. House.

Democrats who signed the letter were Reps. Silvestre Reyes of El Paso; Solomon Ortiz of Corpus Christi; Henry Cuellar of San Antonio; and Ruben Hinojosa of Mercedes.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Hell, let's just build camps and truck the mexicans to them. We can herd them into big rooms, tell them it's shower time. Green cards are on the other side of the door, once they clean up.

Then we hit them with the Zyklon B. Ah, the good old days...we can pay illegal immigrants who are here right now less than minimum wage to truck the bodies away. Maybe render them down for soap, so the whole operation pays for itself?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
Silver said:
Hell, let's just build camps and truck the mexicans to them. We can herd them into big rooms, tell them it's shower time. Green cards are on the other side of the door, once they clean up.

Then we hit them with the Zyklon B. Ah, the good old days...we can pay illegal immigrants who are here right now less than minimum wage to truck the bodies away. Maybe render them down for soap, so the whole operation pays for itself?
holy jeebus i dont know when ive seen such a blathering left wing position

you really dont see the problem with the border and its abhorrent lack of secuirty now?

and the drain on social services from NON tax paying immigrants?

and the crime?

and the decrease in property value?

and the cross border attacks and kidnappings?

you are so far to the left you make me look centrist :rolleyes:

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
ridetoofast said:
i am admittedly pretty far to the right but can you honestly deny any of what i stated about the affects of illegal immigration regardless of your political pov?
You are pretty much useless to pay attention when this is the best you can do.

id love to beat the bombastic cvnt senseless...
Its called free speech and no one deserves to be beat for that.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
nah the attendants are off on mondays...

sarcasm meter's come back online tomorrow at 9am...

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Silver said:
Sarcasm meters don't work on Monday? Might be time to get those things looked at...
I guess not. I thought it was pretty obvious, but then I have a fairly well developed sense of sarcasm, having practiced it so much.