Quantcast

No Coffee no Heartburn......

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Schit.... looks like I"m going to have to give up coffee for a more healthy life... fawk...

I've modified my diet to see what was causing it and sure enough it's the coffee.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heidi said:
Yep - coffee gives me heartburn too. I don't drink it.
damn..... damn..... damn.... but I love the sweet nectar!! I don't want to admit that I'm getting older and can't eat or drink things...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
not me. nothing really gives me heartburn. I heat hot sauce like water....

I only have two cups of coffee a day. in the AM.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
pnj said:
not me. nothing really gives me heartburn. I heat hot sauce like water....

I only have two cups of coffee a day. in the AM.
thats all I drink too.

Hot sauce doesn't bother me though. It doesn't give me heartburn.... it's weird....

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
stosh said:
Schit.... looks like I"m going to have to give up coffee for a more healthy life... fawk...

I've modified my diet to see what was causing it and sure enough it's the coffee.
How much coffee did you used to drink? Maybe just cutting back to 1 cup a day would be enough to save your stomach so you don't have to quit completely.

Did you use any milk or cream or sweeteners? Perhaps drinking it black would help.

If not, sorry to have to quit man, coffee rules.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I drink coffee, but I really know better. There's a period every few months when my stomach is so bad that I have trouble eating anything, so I'll stop drinking it for a few weeks, but then it's back on again. I find that taking my time makes it easiest to drink, usually at least an hour, and NEVER more than one cup. Oh yeah, and drinking it on an empty stomach is usually a bad idea.

Learn to eat A LOT slower and definitely eat smaller proportions.