Quantcast

No comment...

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
...because if I did some people would get pissed.
Youre worried bout people getting pissed because you stand up for equal rights?
How about gay couples being offended by these religious assholes?

Seriously, its time to stop being appologetic towards religious biggotry just because you dont wanna step on religious toes...
Its time for people to wake the **** up and smell the coffee that is the 21 centrury.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Youre worried bout people getting pissed because you stand up for equal rights?
How about gay couples being offended by these religious assholes?

Seriously, its time to stop being appologetic towards religious biggotry just because you dont wanna step on religious toes...
Its time for people to wake the **** up and smell the coffee that is the 21 centrury.
I, uh, have a reputation for being "anti-South" here on P&WN, so I'm trying to tread lightly when stupid slackjaw redneck assholes patriotic Americans do something reprehensible South of the Mason Dixon line.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I, uh, have a reputation for being "anti-South" here on P&WN, so I'm trying to tread lightly when stupid slackjaw redneck assholes patriotic Americans do something reprehensible South of the Mason Dixon line.
It's OK Dante, I think it is warranted this time. You can count me in the 39% minority though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Democracy's a bitch when the populace consists of ignorant bigots, eh?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Related. 25 other bills died on the calendar in the name of intolerance and bigotry in CO yesterday.
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20578893/colorado-civil-unions-bill-passes-last-committee-supporters?_requestid=8509015
On the plus side:

1) The bill's supporters had enough votes to pass the bill in CO. It's only a matter of time before it passes, as the trend has been towards accepting gay marriage instead of opposing it. Republicans can push off the bill for a year or two, but as NY has shown eventually it will pass.
2) In NC Republicans had to schedule to the referendum on a *GOP primary* election, as opposed to scheduling it at the November general election. I wonder if it would have failed if they'd scheduled it for then?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
On the plus side:

1) The bill's supporters had enough votes to pass the bill in CO. It's only a matter of time before it passes, as the trend has been towards accepting gay marriage instead of opposing it. Republicans can push off the bill for a year or two, but as NY has shown eventually it will pass.
Interestingly, the local NPR station had an interview this morning with a republican Rep who had supported the bill, bemoaning the fact that this move will probably kill the Republicans come November in CO.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
hmmmm....should i repost what i posted in the gmt or should i leave your bubble in tact?

it is funny what that story leaves out.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Democracy's a bitch when the populace consists of ignorant bigots, eh?
if the shoe fits?

“This amendment has always been about one thing and one thing only, marriage and family,” said Bishop Phillip Davis, pastor of Nations Ford Community Church, a black congregation in southwest Charlotte. “The voters of North Carolina have chosen to protect the soul of the state and the nation; that is marriage and family.”

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
hmmmm....should i repost what i posted in the gmt or should i leave your bubble in tact?

it is funny what that story leaves out.
Hey look, some polling data!

-Support for the amendment is now more narrow among African Americans (53/43) than it is among white voters (56/41), suggesting that the efforts of the NAACP and other black leaders have had some impact in eroding support for it.

-There continues to be a massive generational gap with seniors (60/36) strongly in support of the amendment and young voters (33/59) strongly opposed.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
2) In NC Republicans had to schedule to the referendum on a *GOP primary* election, as opposed to scheduling it at the November general election. I wonder if it would have failed if they'd scheduled it for then?
Probably would have the same outcome.

It's pretty tough to protect the rights of a minority in ANY general referendum, let alone a vote in the south.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
Unfortunately you have to go pretty far North to cross it....

Of course, the Southern states seem to have embraced the anti-gay-marriage theme a bit more strongly than the rest of the country, both passing laws *and* amending their constitutions to prohibit it...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You telling me there's no such thing as a black stupid slackjaw redneck? Especially when it comes to tolerance of homosexuals?

Nagger please.

If freaknic was still going on, I'd dress you up in gown, some sweet eyeshadow, put a wireless POV camera on you and monitor from a safe distance.
there was one black kid where i went to high school in virginia who probably had a set of balls that fit on a semi....wore stirrup pants and girls flats...

i don't vote without earphones firmly planted in ears.....hear no evil....

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Guess who just lost North Carolina?
It's not like his previous waffling on the issue was his most attractive feature. NC blue hairs were not going to vote for him anyway but younger voters may be more motivated to vote. I would have to guess it would be a wash.

Edited to add this:
PPPolls said:
On national poll last weekend we found most voters opposed to legal recognition for gay couples ALREADY think Obama supports gay marriage

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Being a long time NC resident I often think of leaving after listening to the mouth breathers spew their bigotry towards anyone who is not just like them. But we have some of the best trails the country has to offer.