Quantcast

No fat lady. No singing.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
ViolentVolante said:
a good friend of mine has been waiting for 02 disco upper and lower links since late 02, and jan stopped answering the phone when he called to ask where his links he fully payed for already. a very long story follows this, but the end result ended up with me getting my disco.

I personally never had a big problem dealing with him, but my friend still needs his linkages badmonkey, so mail them out damnit!, its been 2 years
So after all the horror stories you've heard you still ordered a Disco. :think:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Brian HCM#1 said:
So after all the horror stories you've heard you still ordered a Disco. :think:
And after all the horror stories you've heard, and the delays you've actually experienced, you still ordered, and still ride, an Armageddon... :think: :think: :D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
binary visions said:
And after all the horror stories you've heard, and the delays you've actually experienced, you still ordered, and still ride, an Armageddon... :think: :think: :D
I don't have a problem with Jan, my Disco actually was a month early. I had one of the first 2002 Disco's, they had the upgraded links but not the correct ones. Called Jan 2 months later to ask when the newer version would be out, he said they are availible now. I asked if I could trade mine in now, that next day a new set of links were at my door.

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
Brian HCM#1 said:
Well at least my suspension feels real good throughout ALL its 10" of travel, not just the first 3" like your Cortina.
Man, if you are using all 10 inches for your curb hucks, I think your shock might be blown.

sorry, couldn't resist
:)

wirly

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
San Diego
Acadian said:
nothing like a bicycle that leaves 2 marks in the dirt when going in a straight line!! :p
Dude, give the author credit if you're going to quote him. ;)

Acadian said:
yup...and get a bike that leaves 2 lines in the dirt even when going in a straight line!

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Acadian said:
nothing like a bicycle that leaves 2 marks in the dirt when going in a straight line!! :p
lol...another way of tracking a Balfa is following the trail of paint chips. Apparently the frame parts are supposed to grind against themselves in case you need to find your way home.....

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Kornphlake said:
bike companies all suck, so do all bikes and people who ride bikes :p
from reading some of these boards you would think that our jobs is to find the little flaws in bike companies and bitch about them all day... ;)

rarely do talk about the good things…are there any good things about Karpiel? :rolleyes: ;) Balfa or course - they are CANADIAN!!! :)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Acadian said:
nothing...I think he's just referring tho the progressive linkage of the Cortina..
Yep, like he's going to start running no spring because the one Craig set up for him is too firm, even though he's getting the recommended sag. :rolleyes: :cool:

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Brian HCM#1 said:
Yep, like he's going to start running no spring because the one Craig set up for him is too firm, even though he's getting the recommended sag. :rolleyes: :cool:

Hmmm...No spring. You might be on to something. ;)

Just looking to get more than 20% sag on my bike with no preload. Hey, why not experiment and see what feels better.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Joe Pozer said:
Hmmm...No spring. You might be on to something. ;)

Just looking to get more than 20% sag on my bike with no preload. Hey, why not experiment and see what feels better.
Try sitting on the bike next time, it was correct last Luc and I looked when you first set it up.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Admit it Carlos...........................You like the way the suspension of a karpiel feels:D You just don't want to admit it so you wont get bashed by Turner Man.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
Brian HCM#1 said:
Admit it Carlos...........................You like the way the suspension of a karpiel feels:D You just don't want to admit it so you wont get bashed by Turner Man.
I would love to own a bike the went through a 10 week heat treat process and then had to dremel out the drop outs. :devil:

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
Joe Pozer said:
then had to dremel out the drop outs.

Brian, was it your bigun that didnt fit? just a little too tight to get a proper fit?

i done the opposite i filed down the axel very slightly, the tolerances were off a very tiny bit, my previous wheel worked fine, so i thought it was the hub that was off. maybe i was wrong.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
steve45 said:
Brian, was it your bigun that didnt fit? just a little too tight to get a proper fit?

i done the opposite i filed down the axel very slightly, the tolerances were off a very tiny bit, my previous wheel worked fine, so i thought it was the hub that was off. maybe i was wrong.
Actually the Disco swingarm was off and I had to dremel out the drop out so the wheel was aligned. The drop outs on the Army were a little tight and I had to file out them a hair. Its all good though :cool:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
http://www.karpiel.com/

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer