Quantcast

no-footed can can?

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
im lookin to try a no footed can can. does anyone have any hints or tricks to pulling one and not dying? :) i can no footer well, and crankflip too, if that matters at all.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I can't do em, but the other day, a friend of mine learned how to do no footed cans in like 10min's he says its the easiest trick he's ever learned (he know's a lot of tricks) any ways, he said "if you can do a no footer, you can do a no footed can"

this probably didn't help you much though.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
pivot your hips.
that will help get your legs going in the correct direction.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If you figure it out, tell us. That's a trick I've never even really tried for some reason. Seems a lot like jumping off the bike to me.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
It is a tad harder on a mtn. bike but it's more then possible. it's just slightly different.
but, if you can do no footers, you can learn no footed cans.

practice normal can cans first. it's not really the same as a no footed one, but it will help you learn how high to lift your leg to get over the top tube.

I'll describe this for swinging your left leg over the top tube, so both feet are on the right side of your bike.

once you get normal cans down (super easy, it's really just a one footer...) part down, do no footers but swing your left leg up and close to the top tube. throw your right leg out as you would for a normal no footer.
keep practicing this and slowly move your left leg furter and further over the top tube.
once you can easily and consistently get your left leg above the top tube, your going to want to start to pivot your hips.
this will help to open up the space between your bars/stem/top tube and give your left leg a bit more room to get past the top tube.

getting your feet back to the pedals should be self explanitory..

if you have no footers down well, and have a good jump to learn off, you should be able to get this down OK in a week if not one day. (you may not be super pro at them in a day, but you should have the motion down...)

one more thing, you can practice this trick with both tires on the ground. it's a tad awkward, but you can get the basic motion down.
roll slowly
jump up high
pivot your hips while throwing your legs to whatever side you fancy..
even if you can only get your one leg just over the top tube, you'll have the motion down for when you get in the air.

DO NOT LET THE FACT THAT YOU ARE ON A MTN. BIKE DETER YOU! :)

here's a 12 year old or so pic of me. just so you know I have some idea what i'm talking about...

aznfreerdr08

Monkey
Aug 26, 2004
Concord, CA
Gunner said:
i put this video together a while back for someone else. Just shows a few clips of guys doing No-footed cans, a few in slo-mo so you can study the motion.

How To
that one guy doesnt even throw his foot over the top tube, weird. he like throws it behind the seat

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
it's just a baseball cap from my then employer.... nothing special, maybe a tad too large.

JBsoxorz

Chimp
Jul 8, 2005
LA
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i was thinking this table top at one of out skate parks.
try it out of the bowls. that way you can run out of your crash...

at the skatepark i go to, there is grass on one side of a bowl, so i try new tricks there.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
dwaugh, you gotta be able to no footer! I had them so dialed a while back, but after nutting myself a few times, I have stopped doing no footers.

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
ah, yes. nutting it. all too often, a serious deterrent in my progression as well. At least my new i-beam saddle doesn't have rails to crush them.

Thanks for the advice on the no-foot cans.. it sounds like a really good stratagy.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
You want the motion to be more in your hips than in your legs. They will start off your legs will not getting over the TT, but sooner you will twist more and kick your legs out when you get more comftroble. They arnt difficult and you can run out easily because you have your legs over on one side of the bike. Be carful that you dont hit your feet on the TT when going over or comming back, it will end up for a very painful crash. AND wear shin guards!!!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
pedal, hit jump, swing legs over top tube, take hands off bars (nyquist status if you have the balls, working on this) complete no-footed cancan, bring legs back over bike, land, smile and the hunnies will come runnin

AirAddict

Monkey
Jun 10, 2005
Asheville, NC
pnj said:
it's just a baseball cap from my then employer.... nothing special, maybe a tad too large.
who cares what the hat is man. it's all about the style!

There is alot of good advise here, and i would have tried a no foot can can by now but no one will take me to the jumps... :nuts:

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
i tryed one after you'll advice and out of 5 atempts i got 2 half-assed NF can-cans, 1 wreck, and 2 flintstone landings. it's realy not so hard, i just had to shut my self up and try it. hey mikie, i think he likes it.