Quantcast

No Freedom of INFO? Swiss rule world

Discussion in 'Politics & World News' started by SPINTECK, Feb 20, 2008.

1. SPINTECK

SPINTECK Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    This is something that I feel is one of those real issues that you never hear about due to all the emotional distracting pseudo news.

It' scary to think information in this country about banking in other countries can be ordered by our courts to be taken off line. EVen when belgium and India allow it. That's because we are the sheep of the world now. check it out.

WHen some of the smartest minds around the world can post facts anonymously (proven through documents !), the super rich get super scared.

This happened in California, but I wonder why I had to read about in a BBC article?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7250916.stm

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Plummit

Plummit Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    The judge's order only affected the domain name, although that almost certainly was not the intention. The site is still up, accessible here.

3. N8 v2.0

N8 v2.0 Not the sharpest tool in the shed

Rep/Likes:
    18 / 149
    :yawn:

4. SPINTECK

SPINTECK Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    So when we talk about billions for healthcare, you speak up. We talk about freedom of information being taken away from us so bank dividend holders can steal billions you yawn???? I really hope you're rich b/c if you work for a living and stilll feel comfortable with all the exploitation, then your arguement is weak. Now if you make your money off dividends while you sit around on RM, then I can not beat your arguement for lack of concern because it's in your favor.

5. MikeD

MikeD Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists

Rep/Likes:
    13 / 62
    I'd like to see the court's ruling before I get all histrionic.

There could be solid legal reasoning behind it. Ed: IE, the first amendment doesn't give you a right to disseminate the stolen intellectual property of others.

6. SPINTECK

SPINTECK Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 0
    I'm not sure about that. You can't infringe on a copyright production wise (for profit), but if the information is true, it's up to the company to keep it secret. I think you are only correct with government info, but even then there is the freedom of information act. Remember when the code for the either HD DVD or Blue Ray was leaked??

7. MikeD

Rep/Likes:
    13 / 62
    Well, you could be right--and in fact, what I wrote was senseless--the first amendment only pertains to government interactions with the private sector, not private-private matters. And I'm no expert on civil law or any potentially applicable criminal statutes.

Just saying I'd want to read the opinion and learn a little before I got up in arms.

8. DaveW

DaveW Space Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    102 / 464
    Sounds Un-American to me. :disgust::twitch:

You have spent far to long abroad Mike. Your thought processes must have become "tainted" :disgust1:

9. MikeD

Rep/Likes:
    13 / 62
    Luckily, you're here to be patronizing and keep the stereotype scales in balance... :p

10. stevew

stevew unique white person

Rep/Likes:
    249 / 2,353
    Because Britney was having her issues?