Quantcast

No Girlie Cars Please -- We're Dodge!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
...what do you call the Neon..???

I guess Dodge ain't going for the ultrahardcore 'girl-pants-wearing' Fashioncore dude then...

:p

No Girlie Cars Please -- We're Dodge!
Reuters | Jan 20

DETROIT (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG has no qualms about ignoring female tastes -- at least when it comes to selling Dodge cars.

AP Photo

The new Dodge Magnum sport wagon and a soon-to-be-released Dodge Charger, a modern update of the classic muscle car from the 1960s, are very much targeted at a male audience, said Trevor Creed, design chief at the company's U.S.-based Chrysler unit.

"It does scream male, there's no doubt about that. We found that in our market research and focus groups," he said at an automotive conference in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn.

Creed was responding to a comment from the audience that suggested that the brassy styling of the vehicles -- broad-shouldered and with massive hoods to pack in big V-8 Hemi engines -- had a testosterone feel about them that might not appeal to most women.

"But I don't think there's anything wrong with that. There can be an awful lot wrong with doing the opposite," Creed said.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Before I delete this - I just wanted you to know that this isn't even close to being interesting enough to post in the lounge. Perhaps you should find a car forum.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Ridemonkey said:
Before I delete this - I just wanted you to know that this isn't even close to being interesting enough to post in the lounge. Perhaps you should find a car forum.
Empty threats. :D

:love: dont ban me

rpk1988 said:
That new charger looks sooo ugly. It has no style what so ever. It looks like every other Dodge on the market.
I agree, CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP. CHEAP.
I hate dodge even the VIPER thay couldent even make the effort to design the Charger as a coupe as seen in the dukes of hazard. Highy dissapointed!

Did I mention I hated Dodge? :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :nuts:

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I like the way Ford went with the Mustang. When I saw the Charger as a 4 DOOR...i was like WTF, thats soo nasty. They could have made it look like an old charger, but it prob still would of looked like the Magnum or Stratus. It looks just like a Stratus. Well I do like the Viper just because of raw HP, but everyother car is just blah.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Maybe they realize no female is stupid enough to buy such a cheap ass crappy car, american car as Dodge. IMO they're worse than ford and thats hard.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
yeah man! dodge kiss ass (not)

Who would want one?

and sooo manly.... :rolleyes:

The new SRT 10 "honeywagon"
- has the factory rattle, and only after 5k miles!
-America's worst limited waranty "you drive it, you void it"
-All new orignal possum scent