Quantcast

~~~ No GMT Today 4/23 ~~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Woah! It's after 11am and there's no GMT yet? What do we pay you guys for anyway ;)

Had a nice 28.5 mile road ride last night. It was cold and almost dark when I finished, but it was fun.

Supposed to rain today so I'll do some indoor work tonight. I am bummed that my Mavic order hasn't come yet...I am REALLY anxious to ride my new bike. I hope it comes tonight so I can ready my ride for tomorrow's MTB ride.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
MORNING!

I made it to work in about 6 min today on my Surly Cross-Check. Averaging over 20mph the whole way. I felt awesome this morning. My body is pumped its not 96 degrees out. =]

Hope your new parts get in soon! I know the feeling!

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Man, the work week flies by when you miss most of it. :D I went from stomach bug Monday right into a cold Tuesday. I felt like complete hell yesterday. :dead: I feel a little better today and decided to come into work, mostly because I have physical therapy here at 5:00 tonight. Lost six pounds this week. :monkeydance:

The next few days are going to be gorgeous.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Man, the work week flies by when you miss most of it. :D I went from stomach bug Monday right into a cold Tuesday. I felt like complete hell yesterday. :dead: I feel a little better today and decided to come into work, mostly because I have physical therapy here at 5:00 tonight. Lost six pounds this week. :monkeydance:

The next few days are going to be gorgeous.
Yikes....get those windows open and rid the house of germs!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
i rode hard yesterday afternoon and could hardly make it home my legs were so dead. DEAD! riding at lunch again today with a friends.

Take care Babs!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
MORNING!

I made it to work in about 6 min today on my Surly Cross-Check. Averaging over 20mph the whole way. I felt awesome this morning. My body is pumped its not 96 degrees out. =]
I've actually checked out the Cross-Check and thought about getting one for commuting (instead of my roadie) so I can hit some dirt on the way home. I'd love to take one for a test ride though...before I end up buying it :busted:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hi everybody.

I woke up at 2am with wicked cold chills and barfed my guts out for about 10 minutes. Something hit me out of nowhere and it did suck. (edit: thinking about it, that was the first time I'd thrown up in at least 5+ years.) Now I feel ok, just not 100%. I'm supposed to ride this afternoon too. :dead:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I've got one last training session tonight and then its rest until Sat. I'm doing the 24 Hours of Adrenaline!

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I got to go home yesterday and chase my white boxer around the neighborhood for 2 hours before calling it quits. One of the kids let him out. He's in obedience classes, but still new to them and hasn't learned to come back yet. Pretty much had to leave him in the dark with the front door cracked open. He just walked in after he ran all over the place. That sucked.

Gotta go home after work today and pack for a moab trip. Leaving at 6 in the morning tomorrow. Woohoo.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I've actually checked out the Cross-Check and thought about getting one for commuting (instead of my roadie) so I can hit some dirt on the way home. I'd love to take one for a test ride though...before I end up buying it :busted:
I have nothing bad to say about the bike. It's steel so it rides awesome. Its also a pretty decent price for a new complete bike online. I have had mine for almost 5 years now and I love it. I have taken it on gnarly cross rides, also some long distance road rides (after changing the tires of course). Love the bike =]

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I had a cool night last night. A buddy and I paid a visit to a local road bike frame builder named Dwight Bowen

http://www.bowenbicycles.com/

Dwight lives in my town and builds his frames in Unionville Center, CT - the next town over from where I live. He's got a cool little shop and a nice frame building jig, seatstay jig and fork jig. He also made his own fork blade and frame tube bender - pretty cool.

We talked bikes, frame building etc. etc. for over 2 hours. He had a really cool CX frame in the stand that he just finished up building. Very cool.

He does lugged frames only at this point in time, but his frames are pretty friggin sweet looking.

This is the first bike he built for his wife - it was painted up at Circle A cycles in Providence with wet paint and it was absolutely stunning in person.