Quantcast

no Handmade Bicycle Show posts yet? who's slacking on the job here?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I was there yesterday, you picked up a lot of my highlights. The speed holes in the Johnny bike were among the nicest details IMO, not functional just cool. Those Bruce Gordon cantilevers were ridiculously obsessively neato - not so much for exceptional performance as much as just a fabrication exercise. Bruce told me they would be about $7,000 for two pair!

All in all it was a great collection, lots of craftsmanship. Great to see some of the legendary east coast builders still doing their thing (Weigle, Sachs, etc.). Lots of characters: retro curmudgeons but also lots of people with good perspective on pros and cons of these products as compared to mass market stuff.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
bayless rip's gt

I dont know what the blue thing on the tire is, it looks like it's got cantis.

also vanilla's stuff is really nice but he cant play pool worth a crap.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
The Toninator said:
bayless rip's gt

I dont know what the blue thing on the tire is, it looks like it's got cantis.

also vanilla's stuff is really nice but he cant play pool worth a crap.
oh i see now it's the fender. looked like a fancy tire.

J

JRB

I thought it was the stupidest brake ever. Good catch on the fender, Ton.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
the Inbred said:
Westy, here's Mr. White's:

http://www.pbase.com/inbred/image/52824447

and here's the fork jig they gave him. inscribed with "Vanilla Bicycles":

http://www.pbase.com/inbred/image/52824736

wish i would've taken a shot of his old fork jig.
Wait a minute Inbred Are you mister White...!?!?

If you are or at least know the guy, I need to congratulate you and shake you (his) hand becuase Mr White is a absolute master mixing, style , attitute and exeptional crafsmanship all at ones.. and as young as he is it was one of my favorite among many other brilliant visonaries and curators of the old school ways.

Also the Anvin Guy is amazing, i have the oportunity to work a few times with one of those jigs and is by far the smarted easy to understand and work platform I ever see

finally about the show...
i'm being to Intebike a bunch of times, The bike show in milano ones and the one in Munich too, but this show as small and low key as it was is the best bike show i ever being, since was not a "Show" at all but a gattering of like minded fellows enjoying each others compamy and work, plus every booth was ocupied by the people that make the stuff or work on it day by day with scares on the hands and burns on their hairs and not some big breasted bimbo that have no idea about anything ..

next year do not miss it no matter what i will say..

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I wasn't there and I wish I was the bikes look cool.

here's two bicycles from Mint Bicycles which where stolen from the Handmade show....

and here is a related post on anther forum

stolen Mints

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
no no, i'm not Sacha. i visited his shop a couple summers ago. might be making a couple more visits in the coming 2 years.

i'm glad you can pick out the finer points of his work.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
the Inbred said:
no no, i'm not Sacha. i visited his shop a couple summers ago. might be making a couple more visits in the coming 2 years.

i'm glad you can pick out the finer points of his work.

wow Sacha is so young, he has so much future in front of him the possiblites are endless, i try to meet him but he was always somewere else.

say hi from him, tell him that he has the "Touch"

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
MunkeeHucker said:
I wasn't there and I wish I was the bikes look cool.

here's two bicycles from Mint Bicycles which where stolen from the Handmade show....

and here is a related post on anther forum

stolen Mints
This has gotten a lot of attention. Sad, since someone will just throw them in the trash after realizing they can never ride or sell them.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
One of these days im gonna get walt at waltworks to make me a bike, when Im not totally broke. Commuting on the DJ bike is getting real old and I miss having an XC hardtail every once in a while.

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
MMcG said:
is the IF bike built with Reynolds 953 Tubing?
Yeap the only tubeset in the country, look even better in person a finish and color like titanium but with the steel riding caracterstics

they guys IF say is totally amazing