Quantcast

$$$No hump day£££

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Going to work now.

Got nothing to look forward to there.

Some parts for my 4runner should show up today, others later this week, going on vacation soon hope to have it all done in time.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
At the office today. Hopefully mountain biking later but first have to get through a alcohol policy meeting at school tonight. Kids start drinking earlier around here vs the US so as oldest is approaching 14 guidelines are needed.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
At the office today. Hopefully mountain biking later but first have to get through a alcohol policy meeting at school tonight. Kids start drinking earlier around here vs the US so as oldest is approaching 14 guidelines are needed.
I remember being in Japan and asking what the legal drinking age was. There was a few puzzled looks and the answer was old enough to reach the money slot on vending machines...

What a puzzling country!

Inter-provincial border opened up this morning, so I will celebrate by driving out to the good trails for a ride after work today.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I remember being in Japan and asking what the legal drinking age was. There was a few puzzled looks and the answer was old enough to reach the money slot on vending machines...

What a puzzling country!

Inter-provincial border opened up this morning, so I will celebrate by driving out to the good trails for a ride after work today.
There used to be no rules when I grew up but now you can buy with alcohol % up to 16.5% when you are 16 and then everything else when you are 18. 16.5 still gives you plenty of ways to get wasted but at least you have to be 16.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
doggos woke us up at what seemed like fyve-ay-ehm with vigorous borking and howling. draggin my way into the day...gotta deal with some work bs, then finish writing a grant and get a few things for wife's bday tomorrow. cmon coffee, kickstart my heart.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
everything in moderation. including moderation.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Another inexcusable natural 5am wake up this morning. Went to Melting Pot for Haley's birthday last night - I am probably going to be full for the next two days. Hannah's first real helmet (vs. hand me down for in house strider) showed up yesterday and she was ecstatic because it means she can ride outside now. Haley's new bike should be getting shipped today.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The oil in my large jar of natural peanut butter didn't get mixed well, so now the last third of the jar is like chiseling coal out of a mine, so I'm dealing with that shit right now. Anyway, I'll go for a run at lunch, and some MTB after work. It sure is nice out today.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Hot as balls in store today. Sipping coffee, prob build up the second set of brakes in the cool garage, work.

Made skirt steak last night for taco Tuesday. Smashing success.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Not working today while corporate HR gets their poop in a group. My initial one year contract expired EOB on Monday, but my director has been working for the last couple of months to make sure the contract is extended. She's filed everything in double triplicate, and apparently has all the appropriate approvals and whatnot, but the staffing agency has yet to be informed that my contract is extending. So, I ain't gonna do any work for free, and I have plenty of other whatnot going on. So... ride bikes in the morning and pack the house all afternoon to move in a little over a week is my plan for the day.

:wave: All sorts of shit going down.
You better be ready!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Taco Tuesday was a success here as well... guac and black bean/!Mexican street corn was quite delicious.

Bad news is that it was *also* Tequila Tuesday and I may have made the margs a bit too strong.

Luckily today is Shuttle Wednesday with @Full Trucker and maybe @6thElement of he can get his servers wrangled, so perhaps the hangover won't hinder me much. :homer:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Le tired. Rode with a buddy last night only to run into an old friend at the trailhead. I may be volunteered to lead another social ride today - we'll see how legs feel about it.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
LOL karma strikes back

Never fails. there is always a line of cars on the Ramp from NB hwy 84 transitioning to EB I580 and there is always some self entitled ahole that tries to line cut at the gore point of the 580 overpass. A BMW whipping along just tried to do that and misjudged the start of the overpass guardrail and tagged it head on. BMW is totaled as is the guardrail Ruth was driving the truck on the way to the barn and saw it happen. So much win

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
There used to be no rules when I grew up but now you can buy with alcohol % up to 16.5% when you are 16 and then everything else when you are 18. 16.5 still gives you plenty of ways to get wasted but at least you have to be 16.
I grew up in Canada, but spent grade 11 (age 15) at boarding school in France. I remember feeling like I was getting away with murder when I went to the grocery store to buy chips, beer and liquor. But my friends were all like "what's the big deal dude, chill out".

I think things may have changed a bit since then, in large part due to the EU I assume...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I grew up in Canada, but spent grade 11 (age 15) at boarding school in France. I remember feeling like I was getting away with murder when I went to the grocery store to buy chips, beer and liquor. But my friends were all like "what's the big deal dude, chill out".

I think things may have changed a bit since then, in large part due to the EU I assume...
i went to rome with my church youth group when i was 15 (i know, i know). first time getting proper drunk with some of the younger adult chaperones. good times.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was wondering this morning why I was getting calls from the hospital, as I was supposed to be off

turns out the schedule got changed this week as well (when a co-worker's kid popped out early), not just last week. So I'm here now, belatedly.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Packing to fly out tomorrow. Any CO monkeys have suggestions of breweries or related places in the Denver area that are a decent meet-up spot? We are staying near Centennial and will be there through until maybe 330pm.