Quantcast

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Apologies in advance, drunk as hell but no throwin up...

Damn if I am not bitter tonight. The wife has been deployed to Afghan land for some 37 days now.

Make no mistake, I hate the Navy, and I hate the "freedom" she is fighting for.

This really, really sucks a big wad. I went out, rode DH, DJ and XC today. Am I any happier? Did 40 some miles bring a smile to my grimace? Nope, still sullen and mad as hell.

So when you think of your freedoms, and you think of anything else, think of poor Dirt, no sex, no fun, and 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one. hit me....

Maybe this should be in the political forum.

Freedom ain't free, but for hell if I ain't tired of paying for KidWoo...

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
she signed up knowing the repercussions, as did you when you married a military person. i'm sure she knew that being deployed is very possible right now, but at the same time combat pay is very high. so as long as you guys save the money that she'll receive, i'm bet you will be much happier in the long run

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
I just don't get when people join the military, and then complain. It's not like you don't know that with the current administration, you'll be on permanent deployment, in some godawful sandpit. Does anyone REALLY think they are going to get one of the "glamorous" posts or cool jobs like the TV commercials show? Or that they are going to go for just one short tour?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Christ almighty, let the poor sod have a moan, he's missing his missus. Dirt, in times like this I recommend total and complete focus on the dedicated extraction of man juice.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Geez, you guys make it sound like the military discloses everything when you sign up. What about the people who sign up for some college money, get stoplosed by a asshat pres, and then get screwed with the "combat pay". Combat pay isn't very much BTW.
Dirt, home your wife stays safe. We need to end this **** and take care of our own.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Geez, you guys make it sound like the military discloses everything when you sign up.
Uh, they do, it's called a contract. Plus, everybody with a molecule of a brain pretty well understands military=war=killing or be killed sometimes

What about the people who sign up for some college money, get stoplosed by a asshat pres, and then get screwed with the "combat pay". Combat pay isn't very much BTW.
Those folks got in the wrong line, should have gone peace corp.

Dirt, home your wife stays safe. We need to end this **** and take care of our own.
Couldn't agree more.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Geez, you guys make it sound like the military discloses everything when you sign up. What about the people who sign up for some college money, get stoplosed by a asshat pres, and then get screwed with the "combat pay". Combat pay isn't very much BTW.
Give me a MF break.

If you join the military there is a good chance you're going to be thrown into a situation where people are shooting at you.

Do people going into the military really not consider this? :confused:

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
Combat pay isn't very much BTW.
50,000 for a 14 month tour isn't bad. i know that doesn't sound like a great years pay, but when you are gone for that long, and don't have to pay for anything and then come back and have all that at once...it makes a big difference. plus as long as you are a full time student, they'll pay for all of your college classes and you get paid just for going to school. do that and have a regular job and you're probably doing pretty good. and for people that can't afford to go to college, thats a pretty good deal. i'm speaking strictly from a army national guard/reserves stand point, so i don't know how full time military works as far as pay goes. and believe me, if i wasn't already almost done with school, and on the path to a good career, i would join the military in a new york second, knowing full on that i could be deployed

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Uh, they do, it's called a contract. Plus, everybody with a molecule of a brain pretty well understands military=war=killing or be killed sometimes

AHHH HAHAHAH AHA HAHAHA HA HA HA HA AH AHA huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh

that was a good one! I'm sure if you went to a recruiter right now as a 16-17 yr old in high school or an 18 yr old before college, they're going to tell you EVERYTHING you need to know or will ever have a question about. That's rich! Recruiters don't lie, but they won't tell you anything they don't have to or aren't asked about either.

Plus, being in the military doesn't always mean combat. I know people who have gone in to get their doctorate while working it off on base.

Lastly, best of luck to your wife dirk mcgurt, and at least you can work on developing your forearms while she's away...just make sure to switch every once in a while or you'll look like a halfassed popeye.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
AHHH HAHAHAH AHA HAHAHA HA HA HA HA AH AHA huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh

that was a good one! I'm sure if you went to a recruiter right now as a 16-17 yr old in high school or an 18 yr old before college, they're going to tell you EVERYTHING you need to know or will ever have a question about. That's rich! Recruiters don't lie, but they won't tell you anything they don't have to or aren't asked about either.
If an 18 year old doesn't make the "military/war/killing" connection then maybe becoming cannon fodder IS appropriate.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think people are being a-holes on this thread.

Sorry your wife has been deployed for so long.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think people are being a-holes on this thread.

Sorry your wife has been deployed for so long.
She's barely been gone a month and the most she'll be gone is 12 (but more likely only 6 months for Navy deployments).

Sorry you are sad, but you both knew going into it what it meant.

When I was active, the longest we were HOME was the 3 months the ship spent in dry dock. Otherwise we were gone 75% of the time on 3-4 week missions between 6 month cruises.

Yes, it sucks. But it is what it is. At least she's not Active Army, you'd never see her.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD

Plus, being in the military doesn't always mean combat. I know people who have gone in to get their doctorate while working it off on base.
Please, do tell us of your military background. I'm sure his wife isn't 16-17. well, who knows. Recruiters do lie and don't disclose everything unpleasant about military life, but if have taken 1 history course and join the military, you have to know it's coming.

Dirt, enjoy the tax free income she'll get and maybe she'll bring you back a burka to wear..

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
If an 18 year old doesn't make the "military/war/killing" connection then maybe becoming cannon fodder IS appropriate.
right on, grandma, but there are branches where you don't war/killing and my comment was directed at x3, who said that the military will be up front about everything you're getting into. They won't, unless you ask pointed questions and get every single thing in writing.

A lot of the 18 yr old "cannon fodder" as you so kindly describe them helped secure this country....I don't think fooling our young people into war is quite necessary.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
right on, grandma, but there are branches where you don't war/killing and my comment was directed at x3, who said that the military will be up front about everything you're getting into. They won't, unless you ask pointed questions and get every single thing in writing.

A lot of the 18 yr old "cannon fodder" as you so kindly describe them helped secure this country....I don't think fooling our young people into war is quite necessary.
The military NEEDS cannon fodder. 30 year old's generally won't go in for that... it's unfortunate but true. You have to get them while they're still invincible.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD

Where the fvck did I say that? I said she signed a contract and just about anybody alive knows the military may mean a chance a combat or a deployment, especially those that joined since oh say, pick a date, like Sept 11, 2001. Goddamn, how ignorant can some people be? I don't know how many little phuctards came to me at pre depolyment briefing and said Chief, I didn't sign up for war, I signed up for GI Bill or a paycheck. Well, I had a copy of the enlistment oath over my desk and gently and considerately, in my sweetest indoor voice, reminded them that they swore to uphold and defend and obey the orders of...

If anyone in the military didn't want to take that step, they should have stepped out during the swearing in ceremony.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Dont hurt anyone X3...you know them that have never deployed or had a loved one deploy cant/dont/wont/dont want to understand.

Suck it up Dirt, you will live through it...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Holy crap you people, as if there weren't more important things to discuss during these current times.

Nancy Reagan broke her frikking pelvis, don't tell me you guys haven't heard. Shame on the lot of ya.