Quantcast

No IH Sunday for me!

bigshred

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Bellingham
damn..... I feel so gullable. I got this call this morning form some indian chick (the eastern type "thank you come again," Apu) telling me I had been aproved for some grant that the government gives out- aparrently random $8,000 grants, this didnt sound all that bad (visions of sugar plums and green Ironhorses dancing in my head) so yeah i was sceptical, but... I currently deal with student loans and stuff like that so I was having a hard time trying to find fault in this offer. She says there is a one time fee of $257 dollars and it will be deducted form my account on dec 6th. She already had my INFO! The reason she was calling was for a verbal "OK" to go ahead with the deal. She said the fee was for lawyer fees so that "they can work for me". And in 10-14 days I would recieve a package in the mail and I would need to do all this paper work if I wanted more than $8,000. So then she transfers me to another Indian dude and he runs me through this so called verification process which consisted of him playing the electronic voice of a chick that asks questions- and when Id answer he'd blurt in and say "what?", "was that a yes?" It was so f*cked up... I couldnt believe there are people out there trying to pull this ****. I was down at my bank the instant this B.S. was over. "MUUAHAAHA I have a new account you bastards!"

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Um... so did you actually go through the whole "verbal ok" process, then realize it was probably a bonehead thing to do, so you ran to the bank and changed accounts? :confused:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
the idea with that scam is they try and ask questions really quickly and interrupt you in order to get you to say yes. It is all recorded, so if you sue, you cannot possibly win.