Quantcast

No inline comp at x games.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
thats pretty lame for the guys who inline.... basicly what they saying is people dont want to watch you, so you can come and skate but were not gonna pay you hardly anything. I liked to watch the vert contest. the street not so much, honestly, i dont need to see that many guys in pants that are 10 sizes to big all grouped together.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
so skateboarding is growing? hm. i guess ESPN can thank MTV,Bam Margera, and that stupid-ass show for that.

Mordax

Monkey
Sep 13, 2003
Redding, CA
i was talking to some of my high school buddies a few days ago. there are a total of 2 inliners left in my town as apposed to like 50 a few years ago. they are the only surviving ones. now that i think of it, i think i saw one of them the entire time i was in vancouver too.

seems the sport just isn't popular anymore

fruit boot or not, it's impressive to watch

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
me, a sponsored skateboarder, bam has done a lot for skateboarding but has also killed it a lot more then he helped. he basically lightened people up to skateboarders but now he is making kids try stupid things like sticknig a bottle rocket in their ass and lighting it, but he also made evryone think they can skateboard, it is becoming way to main stream for its own good

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Well that sucks..I always like watching those two Japanese brothers that would just smoke the competition. They did some stuff on inline skates that were way more impressive than some bmx and skateboarding moves.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
biker3 said:
HAHAH THANK GOD. Its about time. Inline was the biggest skeezer mid 90s redneck sport next to BMX. Die INLINE.
BMX, what??? what do you mean? i ask, why the **** are you dissing riders?

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
It's about time! I've never been a fan of inline. On the other hand, they took away the BMX downhill event, which really ticked me off...

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
So what's replacing inline? Another MX event that looks just the same as the other events? MX vert? MX barrel jumping? No pads MX big air???

Whoever said Xgames are lame was right, it stopped being interesting about the third year they ran the event, you can't even catch a glimpse of action between all the commercial brakes anyway.

Mordax

Monkey
Sep 13, 2003
Redding, CA
i've always thought the x-games were lame
it always pisses me off how much they focus on the snowboarding events and ignore the skiing one. every freakin' round of every kind of snowboarding is broadcasted, and yet, they only have time for like the top three guys final runs of halfpipe for skiing, or even just highlights

x-games blow