Quantcast

No ISCG Tabs and Dual Ring..Which Guide?

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
I have a 575 running XTR cranks, there is a very small spacer in the BB now so not sure I can afford adding a ISCG adapter. I want to run dual ring up front what options do I have?

The DS, DRS, Heim?

PhilipW

Monkey
Mar 13, 2007
Leominster, MA
I have a 575 running XTR cranks, there is a very small spacer in the BB now so not sure I can afford adding a ISCG adapter. I want to run dual ring up front what options do I have?

The DS, DRS, Heim?
Hi Stunz,
Essentially, you can run any of those three. Physically there is no space to fit a dual ring system and an ISCG adapter in a traditional setup like yours. With no ISCG tabs, the simplest way to mount the guide would be BottomBracket mount. The DS, DRS and Heim2 all come in a BB mount configuration (and the DRS has traditionally always been ISCG-OLD/BB Mount compatible).

Personally, I would opt for the new Heim2 BB mount guide...150g for the entire setup with Turbocharger, and the roller uses our new Tech3 roller material. Any of the guides will replace that 2.5mm driveside BB spacer.

Cheers,
philip @ e*thirteen/the Hive :thumb:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
FWIW, I just installed a Heim (from an STS) on my RFX and I'm very pleased. Super easy to install and setup, very quiet, and works perfectly. For the price its really hard to beat, especially if you have a Supercharger or other bash already.