Quantcast

no MBW2006???

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I know that MBW XX (2005) was the last "official" MBW, but there was talk that someone else was going to take over the planning, perhaps relocate the event, etc., but continue the general theme of the weekend.

I just checked out the MBW site and it states:

After several years of actively working to find some place and someone to continue this great event, ALL leads went cold. The revival in nearby Tamaqua, which was mentioned at the final event, included.

I hope you'll see fit, on an individual basis, to carry on the spirit we had the privilege to share. See you on the trail.
If that's the case, then that pretty much sucks. Fortunately, thanks to Echo and sq-Earl, I know a few trails in the area, so I can get in some good riding without a big formalized gathing. However, it was a very cool atmosphere with all those people gathered just to ride and talk bikes.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
I know that MBW XX (2005) was the last "official" MBW, but there was talk that someone else was going to take over the planning, perhaps relocate the event, etc., but continue the general theme of the weekend.

I just checked out the MBW site and it states:

If that's the case, then that pretty much sucks. Fortunately, thanks to Echo and sq-Earl, I know a few trails in the area, so I can get in some good riding without a big formalized gathing. However, it was a very cool atmosphere with all those people gathered just to ride and talk bikes.
I posted a question about this on MTBR. I have gotten quite a few responses over the past few months.

It's in the PA forum.

It's a sad day thought not unexpected.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
yes.. very disappointing... :mumble: i think we should pick a date for the summer, soon.. and everyone camp there anyway..:) we will have our own party

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
hooples3 said:
yes.. very disappointing... :mumble: i think we should pick a date for the summer, soon.. and everyone camp there anyway..:) we will have our own party
Just as long as no dudes try to reenact the naked bike ride.